Convoke pvp

Is it just me or is anyone else noticing it’s getting almost impossible to get it off in 2’s. It’s some type on instant kick or stun every time now days.

1 Like

as it should be

5 Likes

You need to be unpredictable. It needs to be properly set up if you want full effectiveness. Get your opponents trinket on CD and Convoke after.

Alternatively, use Convoke to force their trinket. You will get interrupted, but you can easily set up once your recent CC is off diminishing returns.

Both are ideal scenarios.

5 Likes

Yeah I get it it’s just everyone is so aware these days and always save something. I dunno maybe it’s me. Sometimes I swear people reaction time is bot like. Doesn’t help that every comp has a warrior but still. Tnx for the tips

The only time I get convokes off in PVP is when someone is locked down, or when everyone is tunneling the healer (and not even then).
If you get 2 seconds of Convoke off you’re doing well.

2 Likes

Kick bot kiddies

1 Like

Basically you need to line it up when everyone’s Kick, Stun is on CC, or you know someone is in a CC they can’t get out of for 4 seconds. Because its very likely everyone has a Weak aura that SCREAMS at them Convoke is going off.

Yea, probably would have been better off going Kirian, but w/e not changing.

Although and I realize this isn’t the ideal use for it. in a 2’s match by accident my partner was dead along with one of the other guys. So it was down to me at roughly 30% health against a FDK (I think) at half health. Somehow I shifted out into Casterform, and didn’t realize it. I popped Convoke as a hail mary, but instead of killing him I was up to full health in a second or 2. Which lead to me killing him anyway.

So now I look at it in a different light. If I am desperate, kiting away around a pillar or something. I will keep that in the back of my mind.

1 Like

Usually you’ll have to sit on convoke until you get trinkets or are tracking all of their potential stops. It can certainly be a game ender once the criteria is met, but patience is required. I suggest getting an add-on to track kicks and other cds of you don’t have one already.

2 Likes

Everyone knows it’s instant death if you don’t stop it, so they save whatever they can to either stop you, or get away from it.

1 Like

Like others mentioned - it’s become such a notorious game ender for teams - that it is probably the most tracked spell in the game. Even noobs are going to wait for it to pop and kick it!

The player that explained how to be unpredictable is the best advice. It’s like learning how to bait & “juke” interrupts. Just one of those things you have to practice to pull off

Gl🤓

If you don’t get every single stop/interrupt out of the enemy team before convoking - you’re essentially relying on them being utter morons.

Which is not reliable past about 1200. Even those on the fringe of being morons know that they’ll die if they don’t stop it.

1 Like

I’m a scrub PvPer and I wont let any Bdruid fire off convoke even in BG. So I doubt that real PvP player will let you cast it freely.

1 Like

Have to think of the positives as well, if they are saving trinket for convoke set those cc’s up and let them suffer in other ways. Another bright side is if they are saving kicks for it than your teammates are getting a lot of uninterrupted spells off. If you do manage to get both trinkets before convoke, just 5 point maim off stun DR convoke and you win.

Try going Venthyr (especially for RBGS)

It’s super fun and exciting- “This is why everyone is going Venthyr” by Rudar on youtube

He explains the math. Plus the conduit “Endless Thirst” DOES work but it doesn’t show it in your stats.

I mean it isn’t hard to macro wind shear to arena target 1, 2.

Convoke is so oppressive that you have to play against the boomkin with a style of play that is specifically intended to protect yourself fro the convoke.

Keeping yourself by a pillar with trinket up, or if you’re melee keeping yourself within range for an interrupt. As shaman i have it good though, i usually ground, then save interrupt for the starsurges after the convoke, and then just pillar hump until incarn is gone.

My rdruid however dies to boomies often.

Everyone runs add-ons that alert them, and then it’s just a matter of pressing the macro that instantly kicks you. Arena would be way more interesting, if add-ons were disabled inside them.

1 Like

[quote=“Mikoshi-illidan, post:16, topic:913358, full:true”] Arena would be way more interesting, if add-ons were disabled inside them.
[/quote]

I don’t have such add-on but Is till can spote convok mile away.

You have a big fast owl with a chaneling bar, you interupt it. Its really not that hard.

2 Likes

Balanced Druids are still a huge issue in pvp. Even without convoke they are toping the charts and the convoke nerf they took truly did nothing. It is hard to stop them using it being it is used at range.

I switched to kyrian because of this. I got hardly any value from convoke in the pvp.

Kyrian is so much better. I’m Necrolord now and it’s super fun too. Might chill necro until patch then go back to kyrian.

Actually great point. As I said before. Skill in wow = Addons + What gear you have + Connections - Covenant you use (where best covenant = 0)