Convince me

I’m seriously considering switching mains for Shadowlands. I’m torn between Frost Mage and Destruction Warlock. They’ve been some of my favorite alts in past expansions and both are looking good.

Or should I stay ret? Holy’s dead to me with its mastery, and I only ever tank for guildies if no one else is available to avoid pugging. This character’s been my main since Wrath.

Play Mage, destro is boring af

2 Likes

Let me give you the BEST advice I can give you.

WoW is past mains, and so should you. Seriously.

If you want to enjoy the game, you have to be able to adapt to it. It’s okay to give in a little bit into FOTM.

Play what you want, but remember that your character is the lenses with which you view the whole game. Learn to have multiple max characters in multiple roles ready to go, and you’ll never really hate the game.

To answer directly the question, Ret is not in a bad place, especially with the recent GCD changes. But it certainly isn’t the most fun and enjoyable melee by any stretch.
Mages are fun, just all around fun. I love Frost and I especially LOVE arcane, and it’s looking lovely for SL.

1 Like

Your answer depends on what it is you seek! Do you wish for pvp? Raiding? Great solo?

Stay with the Light, friend.

What is boring or not depend on people opinions, I literally rolled a frost mage in classic and the DPS rotation is one button, it was still fun and I also play Demon Hunter, BM hunter and Demo warlock and all of them are fun to me even if they are brain dead specs.

I’m looking to dabble across the board, but deciding on my main toon for raiding really.

But it burns anymore :slight_smile:

I heard Protection Paladin got some decent boost in Shadowland in term of self healing so that could be a thing.

But if you have to choose between a Mage or Warlock I would say Warlock since they have way better survivability and all three specs have very different gameplay so they are more interesting to me.

Both classes of caster do great in pvp and always have a spot in raiding just for the utility they can bring. The main difference is, in solo and leveling a warlock will feel easier as it has a pet to tank. The biggest drawback is warlock has little mobility compared to mage.

From what I’m hearing, lock will be the meta caster dps. Hell, Preach even has videos where he scoffs at anyone bothering to play any other caster. That being said, I still prefer mage gameplay as I cannot tolerate dot classes.

Mages are for losers and nerds, always go warlock