Convince me aff lock is balance

please. having hard time believing it

3 Likes

They’re actually 2 separate classes. I guess the confusion comes in because they both can sorta rot and burst as well. But I can assure you that one is a Druid and the other is a Warlock.

31 Likes

Stop crying expansion is over

7 Likes

There isn’t a single Aff Lock player in the game who can beat me in a Kraft blue box mac 'n cheese eating contest.

12 Likes

This is the real competition. The AWC pales in comparison to this heavyweight challenge. Who will step up to doors to face this contest?

I’ll train you by force feeding you Easy Mac by the bucketload.

2 Likes

I havent played retail in a few weeks but even during burst windows teams like ret/war and even other strong melee cleaves held their own very well and didnt just flop even with me doing 15k+ dps. Affliction is strong but its not auto win and doesnt just 100-0 someone like melee cleaves can.

5 Likes

nice 10/char

I’ll try…

Aff lock can die to a single player with all defensives up if they’re stunned. I’ve had it happen a few times.

If you get sat on by some classes (like fury warrior) you’re completely useless and dead in a minute or 2.

Just lock down the healer and burst as hard as you can into the affy while he’s stunned. Save kick/silence for when that stun is over so they get no value from the drainlife.

1 Like

wrong!

wrong ! warlock can rotate a 1 min absorb that’s bigger than their healthbar with healer cooldowns and effectively never die 100-0

3 Likes

I know for a fact this can happen. Had a mm hunter do it through a prepopped Unending resolve AND absorb. Rogue opened with a kidney and was immediately ccd, all the damage came from the hunter alone and I was dead in about 4 seconds through every defensive I had.

Also, fury warriors have almost 0 downtime on a lock. The most you can hope for is to port behind a pillar and hope you’re getting good peels.

1 Like

the two burstiest classes in the game arent in every team though

2 Likes

Hunters and rogues are everywhere.

Aff is stupid strong but they can be killed pretty easily if you stop the drainlife. They’re squishy.

3 Likes

you’re taking a situation where you’re sitting a kidney & trading wall + pact (probably not at 100%) as opposed to trinket porting, and then acting like doing 4 healthbars in a stun is something that every comp can do

marksman will make every class question it’s own tankiness

this is what warlocks say who dont kite and plant mid map casting 5-stack drains over and over

1 Like

Definitely was, I knew the double tap was coming…

Was by the port because I’d just finished casting gate. Not that it would matter since Mm can kill through los anyway if they’re Kyrian.

Can’t kite when you’re dead in the opener.

this reads as “i died to a marksman hunter” rather than “affliction is mortal”

Read it however you like. I’m just saying what I’ve seen with my own eyes.

I have no reason to lie or defend any of it because I don’t plan on playing retail till DF comes out anyway.

When one person makes 3 seperate threads about a spec, they’re just posting to their diary and not trying to be realistic

3 Likes

Just like Mickey to Rocky. Marvellous.

‘We need speed, kid! Greasy, fast, speed! Yer gonna eat thunder and crap lightnin’!’

2 Likes

After Doors eats his 150th bowl of Mac and Cheese.

“Get up you son of b*tch. Beastlyjim loves you”

3 Likes

My mouth is caked with so much powdered cheese I can barely move my jaw to chew more.

"You gotta cut me, Jim!’

Meanwhile Seoulite gave up after 5 bowls, but we refuse to quit.

1 Like