Controller support?

I had read before shadowlands release that we were supposed to get controller support. It’s not in there yet. Any news on release date? Using a game a keyboard and mouse combined is much easier for me personally to play mmo’s. The game pad usually i have all movement common buttons bound and long cd and rarely used buttons to mouse and keys. If anyone has heard anything on release I would like to know.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/guide-to-the-new-gamepadcontroller-support-in-901/683913

Seems to be in for a bit.

1 Like

Have you tried plugging a gamepad in. I tried with my Xbox one controller and wow doesn’t even see it. I can’t bind any keys to buttons

No, because I don’t want to use a game pad. Did you read the linked and try step 1?

Step 1 - Enabling the Gamepad

Type ‘/console GamePadEnable 1’ into your chat box in-game and hit enter to send. That should enable your gamepad! I’ve only tested this with an Xbox 360 and Xbox One gamepad, but most gamepads should work fine.

3 Likes

Thank you. It worked. I appreciate it.

1 Like

This is a game changer for me! I have bad arthritic pain in my hands so i am looking forward to this! I hope it is similar to FFXIV’S Setup simply due to the fact of its comperable abilities wise. Eso and other MMOs that have controller support dont have nearly as many. Plus i like how i can heal in FFXIV by selecting my allies with my up and down arrows on the d pad. Excited to try this out!