Controller drift

i couldnt get console port to work properly, when i tried using it would only recognize one of the joycons(whichever connected to my laptop first). but if only connected the left one like i am now for movement it would act as if the joycon was turned 90 degrees and controles would be weird

You could submit a ticket describing the problem. WoW does have built-in controller support now, so one would think they’d have a stake in making it work with as many controller types as possible.

I’d be genuinely surprised if you didn’t just get a canned response and a link to their support site, but who knows? Won’t know for sure until you try.

I think the issue with the Joycon is it is really half a controller. It probably messes with whatever they are using to support controllers.

A ticket is a waste of time as GMs have nothing to do with this at all. Post in tech support or submit a bug report.

There is no point in bloating the ticket system with more pointless submissions.

i really think wow just gets rid of the deadzone, because its very short how far i have to move the controller to stop the drift

Wait. Are you using game pad mode while using a mouse? Or is the joystick set up to be 4 or 8 directions?

i have no idea what youre talking about

Interesting. Sounds almost like there isn’t a deadzone set up.

I use a similar setup. I have an Azeron in my left hand and a mouse in my right.

The joystick is used to move my character. It is setup in a 4 direction WASD. I do not experience drift with my joystick.

WoW has in game commands for gampad mode. AFAIK if you enable it it prevents free mouse usage, but with it on it allows for 360 movement with a joystick.

well my mouse works no problem, where is a list of commands i can see

I think this thread has most of them.

Are you certain is a software problem and not a hardware one? Like have you tested the controller in other games or otherwise verified it can’t possibly be the hardware itself?

Like Nintendo Switch joycons apparently have a useful life of like milk before drift just becomes a natural gameplay experience you passively just come to accept and account for.

yes i stated in original post that wow is the only game this happens with, and these are brand new joycons from the oled switch i just got

Nintendo Joycons are notorious for drift. It is so bad, that they will usually fix/replace the Joycon for free if you contact them.

it doesnt drift at all on my switch or other games,read my post

Maybe try a different software? The software I use to control my keypad lets me set my deadzone.

Having you tried calibrating them within windows?

I don’t know if it works with joycons as I use a ps4 controller and ds4windows

where exactly do i calibrate them in windows?

don’t know if it’ll work or not

They make WD-40 for electronics. I bought a can off Amazon a couple of years ago that worked well to repair the drift in the controller. If that doesn’t work go find a local iFixit store and they could replace the thumb stick with one that doesn’t cause the drift.

i dont think its hardware issue i think its something wow itself is doing, its as if its completely getting rid of the deadzone