Continue - Tank dominating damage and heals

`https://mail.aol.com/webmail/getPart?uid=AAK0-esdN2vGXV3shAf-4HMTbLE&partId=2&saveAs=20190821_182533.jpg&scope=STANDARD’

Let me know if that link isnt working.

That link is not working.

Tank bg https://imgur.com/gallery/n4tXgau

Let me know if this works

That works.

If you ever want to do this on your pc then just hit print screen, load up paint, ctrl+v and crop/edit it to your liking. Then upload it to your imgur.

Here is the armory link to the druid. He’s geared to the tit for one and secondly, he just had 2 kbs out of all those alliance deaths. This is more than likely just pad damage with Brambles by looking at his talent build.

Blood dks have been spamming blood boil and bonestorm for two expansions now and topping both charts. The pressure is crap and isn’t forcing major cds though.

2 Likes

Ty for that
To me the issue is that these numbers are possible

That’s why it’s not always fair to look at the numbers. Tanks have been able to do this for several expansions now. There’s a niche tanks can fill in team fights right now but rarely do they fill it. Usually you see new players playing tanks because they live longer and think their damage is amazing because the scoreboard said so.

You can spot them on the map not by any node or objective trying to 1v1 somebody.

1 Like

It’s definitely true that actually threatening pressure is valuable, but pad damage has it’s uses as well. I’m not into RBGs but I know that rot comps have been a thing since RBGs have existed because the pad damage is really taxing to healers’ mana bars and creating momentum that a team has to really struggle to recover from.

Specs like shadow, balance, and affliction should definitely wear this crown- not tank specs. They have their own niches in solo node defense, teamfight disruption, flag/cart/orb carrying, tanking bosses in epics, etc. The pad healing on top of it is a little insulting too.

Comparing tank pad to rot pad isn’t apples to apples though. Rot comps have the potential to burst while a tank really doesn’t. Tank damage is that high because they are usually ignored and the last to die in a team fight giving them a longer uptime on damage. There isn’t really burst damage coming out of a bear druid like incarn on a boomie.

3 Likes

I dont disagree with this but just because its less likley to land a kill than a DPS dosent mean that the insane damage they are putting out is ok IMO.
Also in response to your post I never thought about scrolling down.
There was a update to format at some point as i have never really had to do that. It also looks dif on my screen than it use to. Likely a 8.2 update ( i took 4 months off) So its very possible there were some healers down there that topped his healing. I cant be sure

I suggest anyone interested in easy screenshot uploading get this program.

https://getsharex.com/

Its available on steam as well. Functions as both the Snip tool, an automatic Imgur uploader, and various other features. Changed my entire life with that.

That looks neat. When you hit print screen does it auto put it in the program?

I’m not sure. I almost exclusively use the snip tool.

I have Ctrl+b keybound to freeze the screen I’m looking at, and it gives me a square lasso tool to select what I want. Then it automatically uploads to imgur.

Freezing the screen is great, because I can get pictures like this, me fighting someone I’ve played with since WoD.

https://imgur.com/GOPbwS8

Prepare for the Cataclysm!

Also very useful for reaction pics.

https://imgur.com/rSasWIp

MFW a tank outdamages me in a BG

1 Like

I play matches where the gdru wins high damage most of the time. He is also being kept up by at least 1 pocket heal. Give him credit for forcing the other team to focus him though. Last, but not least, my team is out damaged more than 50% of the time yet we win more than half of the time so strategy still plays a big part in these matches.

I feel like you completely missed my point.
My point being IMO there is no excuse for a tank doing that kind of dmg and healing

Cant say ive recently seen any tank top dmg besides guardian and prot pally back when it was busted.

Guardian is too strong.

Blood DK’s Necrotic Aura, Muderous Intent, and Death Chain seem like they would create a pretty solid window of burst cleave, especially with Fire Mages and Destro Locks in the state that they’re in.

My guardian pulls these numbers. Let me explain how this is possible.

Brambles reflects damage back to the attacker.

The PVP talent 'Protector of the Pack" redirects 20% of the damage from party members to you.

That redirected damage is also reflected by Brambles back to the enemy

Thus in big team fights you can easily pad the metres with HUGE numbers.

Also frenzied regen restores a % of health not a fixed amount. Guardian druids have the biggest hps of all the tanks. Mine gets up to 800k buffed and it has 2 charges every 36 sec.

also note* Guardians health mitigation comes from healing the damage we already took instead of avoiding it or mitigating it though blocking/staggering/armour etc. So healing will always show up on the metres. Generally all tanks will be absorbing those amounts in a BG it just doesn’t show up on the heal metres.

3 Likes

thats what tanks do

tanks r beasts homie. tanks r big giant forces of destruction on the battlefield. have u ever google searched a tank? or seen how strong one of their cannons are?

3 Likes

That would be a dk filling their niche in a bg and supporting his team but not the dk itself doing enough pressure to force cds. I think you may have misunderstood my op.