Constant WOW51900319 disconnects, game is nigh-unplayable

Having similar issues. Constant disconnects over the past 2 days. Alot more frequent today though about once or twice an hour.

It looks like there’s some packet loss happening between the computer and the router. If this is a wireless connection it might be possible to resolve this by running an ethernet cable from the modem to the PC.

(I think) I’ve figured it out! And funnily enough it possibly correlates to Dawni and Elandreth’s issue too!

So to preface, you two mean more along the lines of the game sort-of locking itself in place, right? People running in place, mounting and combat not working, etc, but without any actual kick to the login screen or app crash? I definitely had that problem myself circa Legion, couldn’t get out of Dalaran before the whole world started mimicking the Baywatch intro. I finally fixed it by setting a static IP and switching to Google’s public DNS as such:

1. Run Command Prompt as an administrator and put in the command “ipconfig” (without quotations), and take note of the “IPV4 Address”, “Subnet Mask” and “Default Gateway” fields say. You’ll need them momentarily.

2. Open Control Panel, go into “Network and Internet” and then “Network and Sharing Center”.

3. Click on the name of your network and then “Properties”. Then click the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” listing (DON’T uncheck it!), then the “Properties” button on that window.

4. Check “Use the following IP address:” setting and fill out the boxes with what you got from the command prompt.

5. Check “Use the following DNS server addresses:” setting and fill it out accordingly:

Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8
Alternate DNS server: 8.8.4.4

1. Click “OK” and exit out of everything. Give WoW a test run ASAP to check effectiveness.

This made everything playable again back then. I’m unsure how but my own connection properties were reverted from this since, so I switched it back, and was able to get my daily crafts, a full round of the 8.3 intro quests on one toon and a good chunk of it on another done before logging off myself. Between my past experience and very promising test runs after I think I can safely say this is the solution. Here’s to hoping anyone with similar issues can fix it with this and thanks to everyone for the help!

4 Likes

You are an absolute lifesaver! Had the same issues for two days making it unplayable and now it seems to be working much better!