Constant lag issues in BFA zones

I can’t pinpoint when it started (been a while now, at least a month or two) but it seems to mainly be in the new zones; if I’m in other zones it’s not that bad and very infrequent. It doesn’t seem to be graphics settings related, I’ve tried setting everything to the minimum. My FPS will start at say 84, then as soon as I move things sort of freeze for a second, it’ll drop to 40, then back up to 70, then down to 9, then up to 60, then 16, then when I stop back to 60+, etc. it just randomly spikes constantly to varying levels. I’ve had it freeze for a second or two when I get into combat. Loading screens take like 1+ minutes to load into a zone.

Tried disabling my addons (I don’t use a ton anyway) to see if one of that was causing it, but nothing. This doesn’t happen in any other game, only WoW. It didn’t happen in the Classic Stress Test either (which I was able to run at maximum), it’s only in retail and it’s near constant.

My PC has relatively decent specs so I don’t think it’s that:

GPU: Radeon RX 580
CPU: Intel Core i5 7400 @ 3.00GHz
RAM: 8GB

Did a speed test, 15.7Mbps download, 14.4Mbps upload, 34ms latency. In-game latency is 73ms home and 75ms world.

Any ideas?

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ability/Loot Lag on North American Servers Despite Normal Latency