Constant Error #132 Since 8.1.5

Since the patch on Tuesday, I’ve been experiencing repeated Error #132 and “application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware” errors causing WoW to have 2-3 second freezes and many times, to crash outright.

I see other threads about this topic, as well, that say it’s likely related to my nVidia card. Current hardware: nVidia GeForce GTX 960

I’ve tried Google searching and troubleshooting in many ways, all with no success:

I’ve made sure drivers were updated (they are – v419.35 released on 3/5).

I’ve done a fresh uninstall and reinstall of GPU drivers.

I’ve unloaded all addons in-game. (And tried to reproduce the error painstakingly loading each one-by-one, no culprit.)

I’ve run the WoW Repair Tool.

I’ve tried a SFC scan of Windows.

I’ve removed GeForce Experience.

I’ve turned off Recording in Windows 10 (formerly XBox app).

I’ve done a fresh uninstall and reinstall of WoW.

The latest Error: Pastebin q1eaieqM

Hi Oceanmaster

Looks like you have tried a good number of things to solve this error. The error itself points at this Nvidia dll (“nvwgf2umx.dll”).

Let’s run the “Clean” uninstall - barebones install we like to use on the forum here.

The tool we use is called DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Official download is here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1490

Basically you extract the uninstaller from the download. Then unplug the Ethernet or disable the Wifi to avoid Windows automatic driver installation.

I like to boot the computer into safe mode then run the DDU tool. (This isn’t essential and you will need to confirm you have the windows password before you do so. If you are using a PIN it will ask for the actual password after running safe mode.)

On the tool you select Graphics type then Nvidia. Run the recommended “Clean then restart”.

(If AMD graphics were installed at one time you would want to run the tool again and clean those remnants out)

adrenalin 19.3.2 drivers might be the problem. having the same problem

That covers the clean uninstall. Now start the Nvidia driver install. Right click on the Nvidia download icon. Select “Run as Administrator” from the context menu that appears.

On the initial install screen change the setting to install only graphics. No GeForce experience which is the default setting. Select “Custom Install”. Carry on with the installation until you get to the pane with various softwares. Uncheck everything you can there - 3D Vision drivers and whatnot.

Below is a small box you can check for “Clean Install” check that box. Resets the Nvidia Control panel settings.

Hi Rimjawx

This is Nvidia graphics

I would start your own thread. I’ll take a look.

I have Vega 56 and having the same problem. Cannot even log in more than 1 second. Started happening in Isle of conquest epic battleground.

Go ahead and start your own thread. Describe what happens when you try to log in.

Hello Tratt,

Thanks for the info so far. I was not able to do this in safe mode since it would not pick my keyboard up to enter the password =/.

I did the DDU clean up for Nvidia (i have never used a AMD)

The 419.35 driver i had downloaded prior unplugging the ethernet cord did not accept my OS and said it could not find any compatible hardware. I redownloaded 419.35 and run it as admin and did only the Graphics and unchecked everything i could on step two and then did the clean install.

What is my next action item? try playing wow and seeing if the error comes back?

You bet. It’s test time. Let me know I’ll be around for a few hours now.

Hello Tratt,

So it worked for about 30min and then crashed again.

Here is the Paste Bin: FT9Zm9rA

Hey, Oceanmaster!

This is the DX12 Nvidia TDR crash we are currently tracking. Go ahead and change your graphics API to DX11 and the crashes should stop: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/56554

We’re going to try getting all of these on to one thread to make it easier to track the issue. Please keep an eye on this thread for updates on the state of fixing the bug.