Conspiracy Theory

I think they’re watching me. Then again who isn’t?

I’m having this thing, 2 gathering professions.

It’s been around 2004, it’s an actual thing to get into the game when you don’t have any other characters. Me, I’m just trying to pay for skills and the main’s respec. 10 gold right?

Problem is i think Blizzard flagged me for botting, because i’m making a decent profit. Not only am i not wasting money on crafting, i’m also gathering mats.

That and i’m playing on a controller. I can completely see this being uncommon, but i’m making a suggestion here:

Chill

2 Likes

My guildy got banned for a long time for using a controller in Naxx, careful with that

WoW on Controller - WoW Classic / WoW Classic General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

It’s not like i didn’t ask. Link is in my bnet profile too. If a blue wants to comment, he’s free to do so.

Oh, and i reported myself to hacks@blizzard.com.

I mean it’s an HID like any keyboard or mouse and everything is a single keypress. Which is what’s bad right? Spreading or automating keypress? I tried finding TOS or something on the net. Never found it.

It wasn’t because he was using a controller. Using a controller has never been against TOS.

On long farming sessions i feel like that sometimes. So I do non-botlike things like jump and spin the camera so I do those Blood Elf twirls without being a blood elf or strafe and jump a lot more than you normally should xD.

Or… hear my theory. Maybe you are in fact a botter and you are trying to fabricate an alibi here in the forums.

the translation layer between the controller and the game is the problem, it appears to blizzard as automation software

A whole bunch of people got banned for using controllers a couple weeks ago.

The bans were reversed, but the EULA doesn’t protect you from Blizz.

I’ll make a ticket. But seriously…

Well, people have been told about these addons and programs that work in certain ways. Folks don’t listen.

I’m not sure what you’re referring to here.

What i was able to gather is i’m not allowed to automate behavior in game, and i can’t “spread” keypress to multiple accounts.

Nothing was posted about me using something besides a keyboard or a mouse. What people told me multiple times is not only is it allowed, it’s also common. Multiple handicapped players use some form of custom HID and no one bothers them.

I sent a ticket, they really can’t blame me for not making sure.

1. Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:
  2. cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard (whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise), influencing and/or facilitating gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;
  3. bots; i.e. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that allows the automated control of a Game, or any other feature of the Platform, e.g. the automated control of a character in a Game;
  4. hacks; i.e. accessing or modifying the software of the Platform in any manner not expressly authorized by Blizzard; and/or
  5. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality;

“facilitates gameplay” may or may not involve addons? I know bagnon and gathermate, not to mention Questie facilitate gameplay a lot.

Besides that…

Cheating

You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.

Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense. Scamming, account sharing, win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties.

Blizzard’s In-Game Code of Conduct - Blizzard Support (battle.net)

What the GM told me is they currently are developing controller support.

INB4 Gamepads.

I get “what people told” you. I know that lots of people do lots of things. I’m not even saying you shouldn’t be able to use a controller or anything like that. What I’m getting at is that Blizzard has had a reputation for banning people for using addons and software to use controllers, or keyboards with extra functions, and all kinds of other things. It’s not a new thing. Then, people do these things anyway and seem surprised about a ban when we all should know Blizzard is hit or miss about banning some things. It sucks, but I don’t expect any better from them. This has been going on for over a decade too, so it has nothing to do with their new policies. I’ve read their EULA and other things many times over. I know what they say.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.