Consistent achievement point count

I still get a different reporting of achievement points between armory, in game in my achievements window, and in the guild tab because I changed mains when MoP came out. Will this ever be fixed and consistent?

Yeah, we’re not sure why it does it this way but the system seems to be:

In Game Achievements Tab: All Achievement points earned on all characters including meta achievements and account wide achievements.

In Game Guild Roster sorted by Achievement Points: Achievements earned on a specific character not including any meta achievements or account wide achievements.

Armory Page: Achievements earned on a specific character not including any meta achievements or account wide achievements.

Forums: Achievements earned on a specific character including any meta achievements or account wide achievements.

3 Likes

We can only speculate about the why.

Some of it will be simply because of access to the required data. On the Armory for example the webpage may not be able to access extended account information beyond that one character.

Some of it might be for aesthetic reasons. Since many of us have a lot of alts in one guild, if the guild UI showed your full account total you would have all your alts be the same and be all clumped together when yo sort by point total.

And some of it might be for privacy. If the forums showed your full account total it would be fairly simple to match alts together which not everybody would be OK with.

I doubt the anonymity is the reason behind it. If there were a little less anonymity the forums might be a little less trolled place.

I get the required data thing, but after all these years and all my monies I would think they could overcome that.

Side note to this topic, is there anywhere that shows where you rank on your server or for your region at all?

WoW Progress

https://www.wowprogress.com/

Not sure about this…my Forum count and Armory Page count are the same…

1 Like

Give it time. After they upgraded the forums, my count said 25,325. Then about a week ago, and for no reason what so ever, only my DK’s achievements are showing.

I almost wish I had a button that would allow me to complete an achievement account wide. I mean a hard complete. I don’t need to do achievements twice.

Forums does appear to match armory now

1 Like

Yeah, so, we’re not sure why it does it this way - OR - why it changed - but the system NOW seems to be:

In Game Achievements Tab: All Achievement points earned on all characters including meta achievements and account wide achievements.

In Game Guild Roster sorted by Achievement Points: Achievements earned on a specific character not including any meta achievements or account wide achievements.

Armory Page: Achievements earned on a specific character not including any meta achievements or account wide achievements.

Forums: Achievements earned on a specific character not including any meta achievements or account wide achievements.

2 Likes

Well they need to get it fixed so my armory can show all those achieves Neall helped me earn :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like