Considering Migrating Here. What's the Faction Balance/Activity Like?

Pretty much the title. I’ve heard it’s a bit more Horde heavy here. Is this true? Also how active is the server? I’ve been leveling casually on the Alliance side, but that’s obviously not a great measure of player activity on a server.

Thanks!

1 Like

Definitely favoring Horde, but that doesn’t mean you can’t find Alliance RP. Things can feel a bit clique-ish, in my experience; however, once you’ve settled in and found just a familiar face or two and began to make your own sort of group, it’s pretty great!

But yeah. Definitely more Horde activity in general.

2 Likes

Xiang is right there is much more RP here if you do Horde, I believe MG is the one that favors Alliance more. But like he said you can still find Alliance RP here as well as guilds. RP should definitely pick up more after Blizzcon if the expac is enough hype for everyone.

1 Like

Yeah there was a time when it was balanced but I’d say it’s moving more and more Horde focused. But not so much as to be inactive, allyside. I’m always able to find RP on both factions.

If I had to guess I’d say the server is 40% Alliance, 60% Horde

2 Likes

Good Alliance RP is out there, but you gotta know where to look. Stormwind RP is sorta…eh? on WRA most of the time, albeit it’s been recovering lately.

The meat of RP, especially in terms of story and character development, comes in communities. WRA has a community or a guild for pretty much everything–complete with discords and sometimes websites. Mead Hall community is a strong presence for the Dwarves and gnomes, guilds like Order of Shat’or are good for Draenei. Silver Circle is there for Night elves. And I may be biased, but Legion of the Dawn has done me well as a heavy RP guild and I definitely recommend it if you RP humans, as there really isn’t exactly a dedicated community for humans…we sorta just fit in wherever we can.

3 Likes

For just RP, there seemed to be a healthy amount of walkup on both factions when I was playing last (couple weeks ago). If you’re talking PvE, I’m really not sure; if you’re talking world pvp then the horde gets swarmed by moon guard’s alliance army so wra is funnily enough one of the servers where the alliance basically gets extra exp from warmode and it’s generally pretty safe.

My last visit to Alliance walk up RP was a few weeks ago and it didn’t really compare too well to the Horde. Maybe things have gotten better since then, but personally I recommend Horde. We’ve also got the whole kicking Sylvanas out of office thing that’s been generating a lot of liveliness for RP.

1 Like

Horde and Alliance are about even population wise but if you looked at PvE leaderboards you would think it’s 90% Horde. I think WRA Horde has almost become a bit of a destination spot for people who want to raid and RP.

I’m genuinely noticing a decline in RP Alliance side. It used to be a lot more even than it is now, at least from the perspective of an oceanic RPer. I often don’t get online until midnight ish, PST. (Which is like 5pm AEST). Once, I would easily find RP on both factions. Now, Stormwind is all but dead, and Orgrimmar is bustling. It’s made the choice easy for me.

Through the day though, there’s still good RP going on allyside, albeit maybe not quite as much quantity as Horde.

1 Like

I agree. Things might be different at other times but generally I’m online later in the night as well. So if you’re a late night RPer, Feor, I think Horde is the best choice. There’s usually plenty of people in the Wyvern’s Tail well into the night.

Last time I was on an Alliance I walked into the Blue Recluse and there was only one person OOC standing around in there. There were a few people outside too I guess.

I’d just be sure to drop the guild you’re in.

They have a horrible history here.

I’d like to reiterate this.

The walk up RP you see in the cities is just the surface. It’s my understanding that on Moonguard, people regularly use Group Finder to do one shot scenarios for random players. That’s not a thing here. Instead, we organize events and storylines on Forums/Discords/Tumblr/Word of Mouth. Most of the people running it are either guild members or a circle of players who trust one another, with outsiders getting invited in as things go along.

It creates this situation where there’s RP going on all around you, but you would never know about it because it doesn’t really happen when people are sharing a pint at the tavern.

If you’re not on Discord yet, add me Tamani#2391 and I can shoot you some invites. Otherwise, keep an eye out on the forums for events that might interest you. Here’s a good thread.

2 Likes

I honestly won’t defend random RP on Alliance side. A part of me wants to blame that on that fact that Alliance really doesn’t ever get good material to work with from Blizzard (honestly, when was the last time our story was compelling as a faction? Wrath?). Most of the good RP you will get from Alliance comes from those so fed up with the nonsense that they take what scraps Blizzard gives them, and puts in a lot of work to make a strong guild narrative or character story.

Of course, finding that RP usually requires a guild, as more personal stories won’t readily be shared right away with strangers ICly–we don’t do that in the real world, so why would characters ICly? In my experience, good Alliance guilds rae doing something right, because I’ve seen Horde mains reroll Alliance just to stick with those stories, and have gone on record for doing so.

That said, these same statements do also all but confirm that random RP on Horde side is probably stronger. In that sense, it may also depend on what kind of RP you want.

1 Like

I am in full agreement here. It does depend on what you want. I used to main Alliance RP until I really got into Altielle and made some good friends on the Horde side. I’m willing to bet there’s still great people on the Alliance.

That said, if it’s more guild based, it’ll take the OP a while to really get into the groove and establish connections. Shop around, join some guild events, see what appeals to you. Heck, that applies to Horde too. What I’ve found make RP really great is when you make some friends who you can trust and do some deep stories with.

Pretty sure you’re thinking of Alliance Empire.

That said, RageQuit Empire doesn’t sound super friendly either lol.

My thoughts on faction balance/activity have been stated by others; I am merely a lurker.

They’re the same thing. Alliance Empire is owned by RageQuit Empire.

They’re all the same people who shut down RP in Orgrimmar for like a month and bragged about it on here.

I was there for the hostage situation they put on the city. Did not know they were partnered or whatever.

Yeah it was absurd. They have a massive network of gaming groups/guilds/clans across many MMOs and such and they basically exist to troll and harass.

It’s highly unfortunate. The OP however could easily be unaware of all this. They mass recruit, so people they snap up are often just victims.

1 Like

I figure as such. Like that one star wars based WoW guild-network.

1 Like

RageQuit Empire spans across a couple of servers too and they’re usually god awful mean asses to deal with in dungeons too.

2 Likes