Consecration "incorrectly" counts as a debuff

Dude. Not by Blizzard

Heroic Strike bug says hold my beer.

Does it even matter if Blizzard confirms it’s not a bug? People don’t believe them about Leeway, Spell Batching; Cone of Cold and numerous other things they’ve confirmed aren’t bugs. Will a confirmation of this be any different?

yes given the fact that they not only confirmed the heroic strike bug, but are letting it remain in the game - and will most likely do the same with the Diamond Flask trinket snapshot and scaling with healing report I just posted

Just so you know Forum Moderator - we wouldn’t have to spam this thread if we actually got an answer and didn’t have to wait four months…

Perhaps you could send in internal message to the devs and ask them to at least confirm or deny this bug report because quite frankly, every single Ret Paladin is tired AF waiting

likewise with this report

and this one as well

1 Like

Yes, those spells do take a debuff slot.

interesting find. fixed yet?

lol no…

Classic Devs/QA performance thus far on this bug report:

1 Like

good stuff. keep it up.

yay it only gets better…

PrideToday at 10:07 AM

So we did some tests with @Smeet last night and it appears that Consecration ticks are definitely subject to a spell miss check per tick, as vs lvl 53 mobs he missed ~1.5% of his ticks inexplicably, which looks like statistical margin of error on the built in minimum 1% spell miss
There also appears to be some spell batching bs going on if you cast Consecrate on CD, as sometimes the last tick of your previous cast be batched AFTER you have cast your new Consecrate, and you essentially lose a tick from the previous or current cast

ThelorasToday at 10:11 AM

oh lovely

PrideToday at 10:11 AM

We still need to do some research on that, but even THAT does not explain why we’re saying so many missed ticks in raids. Casting Cons on CD resulted in ~3.3% tick loss, so 1.8% more than the 1.5% he was losing due to the base spell miss

PrideToday at 10:13 AM

If the spell miss per tick thing is true, we should be getting 6.64 ticks per cast vs bosses, but a lot of logs seemed to be closer to 5.4-6 ticks per cast
If you guys could go over your own logs, click yourself as source, Summary -> Events, filter to only encounters and hitting the boss, then use this filter expression - ability.name = “Consecration”
You can count “X casts Consecration” events and “Consecration [Target] Tick [Damage / Resist]” events (Ctrl F works too :p) and just remove the last instance of casts and the subsequent ticks since you probably lost ticks due to the boss dying
Then divide ticks / casts, we can get a better picture of real world performance
Batch clipping should not be able to account for 1-1.5 ticks per cast loss, that’s 12.5% to 18.75%, it was only an extra 1.8% on the level 53 mob

Please fix this Blizzard

Blizz any news on fixing this?

Blah blah fix it maybe one day before P5? Maybe? Maybe not? Probably not lets be real. :frowning: Bliz why do you never give us some sweet sweet blue posts.

Man, someone is optimistic.

this thread will be replied to when Classic catches up to Retail…

3 Likes

I hope we at least get an answer on this

Bump for visibility.

Reading this:

Makes me think Consecration has to act as a “harmful aura” in order to function in the WoW mechanics, and that the change to “remove it from the debuff list” should be reverted, as it is misleading…

Please at least inform us if this is working correctly or not. As Raid Leader I have to deal with telling players if they can use certain abilities that apply debuffs. After 3 weeks of investigating we’ve come to the same conclusion that consecration is invisibly occupying a debuff slot.

Blizzard explain to me why I may have to tell our one retribution paladin that they have to stop using consecration. A debuff that adds 20-40 dps out of their ~300 dps and is key in allowing them to parse 99+.

If you finally state that consecration should take a debuff slot I’ll accept it. Until then the responsibility is on you to fix this bug. I intended to make this my primary focus on the forums because you, Blizzard, make me do extra work as Raid Leader with debuff drama because of this.

3 Likes

Imagine Blizzard ever fixing their bugs.

1 Like

what is this “fixing their bugs” you speak of…

2 Likes

I look forward to seeing if Blizzard addresses this obvious bug during the release of ZG. I have little hope that they will though. At least companies like Cloud Imperium Games have a dedicated section called the Issues Council that actually looks at game issues. There’s little if zero feedback here. Even a blue post saying, “We’re investigating it.” gives some hope.

1 Like