Confirmed. No pvp power in SL

From an interview with Ion
https://www.wowhead.com/news=316816/shadowlands-interview-with-ion-hazzikostas-and-tonton-open-world-lag-swapping-co
PvP Power

• PvP Power was an internal experiment that was datamined.
  • There are no plans to add a stat like that – they want to make sure that it’s clear what spells perform best.
  • They’ve decided that PvP only stats are not the right thing for the game at this time.

Sigh

2 Likes

I can feel my soul dieing after reading this, dang you Ion!!! :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Good news. PVP power would just have been an excuse to lock PVP players out of content.

3 Likes

Not if they added it as a separate stat from the stat count on gear

It wouldn’t matter. PVP power would necessarily be a way to make gear less effective in PVE than in PVP, thus locking PVP players out of content.

3 Likes

Not if it was separate from the stat total on the gear, and only active in PvP

1 Like

I am more than ok with a pve set and a pvp set. That was how it was when pvp was great.

9 Likes

Why would this matter? The gear you get from PvP at the moment is garbage, they’re essentially already locked out of PvE unless they’re doing PvE on the side to gear up for PvP.

PvP was amazing back then when PvP gear was a thing lol

6 Likes

You think they’re going to make PVP gear not only just as good for PVE as PVE gear, but in addition better for PVP? That will never happen. In BFA terms, if they put PVP power on PVP gear, they’d drop the ilvl by 5-10.

8.1 was the last time PVP was great. You could opt to have two sets if you wanted to, or you could just make do with a single set. Win-win!

You can get full 460 out of PVP, which is the gear required to start Mythic raiding. You’re not locked out of anything.

1 Like

But then u would have to mythic pve raid for better gear. And most real pvpers don’t want to dedicate that kinda time to mythic raiding.

2 Likes

I have four different sets now.

Excuse me lmao. You need higher ilvl than 460 if you want to Mythic raid. You need to be atleast 470+.

The Azerite gear from PvP is also pretty garbage. It’s only real use is for PvP, not really for PvE.

5 Likes

Also stats matter and PvP gear is itemized terribly.

1 Like

I was so excited for shadowlands and a return to pvping for pvp gear, and having a real competitive gearing path.

But they tied max ilvl to 2400 rating again, which is -significantly- harder and less farmable than +15 mythics. So we are once again at an expansion of “farm these 8 dungeons for the next 2 years to be competitive.”

Ive spent so much of bfa farming azerite power, essences, echoes and visions that i have next to time to really pvp, much less get real practice and skill development in it.

And thats just what i see for Shadowlands now. Farming pve content at such high volumes i dont have the time to really PvP.

4 Likes

True that.

Personally, I feel like there is a real need for different pvp gear if for no other reason than crit being most specs least important pvp stat, while it’s a very important pve stat. Having a pvp power stat would have helped.

I totally agree. I love doing M+, low keys with guildies or high keys with my regular group, is a major reason I still log on every day. But the reward for effort is incredibly imbalanced compared to raiding and pvp, especially at the tail end of the season when it’s so much easier to clear +15 for max level rewards.

I feel like a nerf to m+rewards is called for. The M+ chest should be a PvE chest that rewards based on highest M+ or highest Raid boss.

PvP gear rewards should be buffed and the bar lowered for max level gear, but players with higher ratings get access to more currency to buy either pvp or pve gear with and possibly get other things (cool xmogs, mounts, pets, toys, etc…)

4 Likes

Its embarassing how they have been awarding pvpers with gear like pve. Rng, lack of vendors. So i am excited to bring those back.

Everytime i get a chest from battlegrounds, not often, I always imagine some goblin putting that loot in the chest and going. “Well this is a lucky camper he is getting an upgrade!” Pass lol hard pass

I agree that they need to up the minimum gear level for pvp.

Non rated should award you the best gear for pvp in the game.

Rated should have access to that gear quicker then jump to either transmogs or enchants.