Confirmed by Devs: No flying until late in the expansion

All I’m pointing out is that never having happened before doesn’t mean it can’t happen.

So what better then no flight at all :smiley:

I will be honest, if dragonriding is as fun as it looks (and how it is in guildwars) i would actually hope for it to become the default version of flying.

1 Like

Not what many asked for, either way. :3 Especially given the new zones are designed with it in mind, and being needed to get to certain areas.

After that happens blizzard merged everyone left on to 1 sever which is allways 1/2 full

1 Like

I didnt like the BFA story, I think mainly the hackjob they did on major characters, but I loved the SL story. Bfa was a confused mess, live a poorly written tv drama.

2 Likes

buddy we now stand at 4 disaster xpacs in a row as far as subs and especially player retention, revenue being made up by extremely aggressive designs to motivate cash shop gold buys

give me a break

3 Likes

Some only count 2, BFA and SL, WoD was a mess, but legion, at least at the end, was well received.

Expansions can start rough, can even be horrible at the start, but those who played all expansion can see things get better most of the time.

GD once again chooses to believe the worst based on their imagination because a loud minority speaks up against the expac based on INCOMPLETE information and uses name calling and the like to silence dissent from their views.

Most of the time, at least since Cata, we have had alternating disaster and good expacs, and even some of the disaster ones were fine at the end… But then there are those that always seem to come across like “the expac is not how I like it, it is a disaster” and most of those are the ones that we notice on GD.

Good, The war on flying is going well then.

1 Like

agree, a good chunk of legion players seemed to really enjoy it but it still chased away a large chunk of players in the first 2 tiers

of the people that liked each borrowed power xpac, the legion ones seem the most passionate. It did hit that sweet spot for the players that loved it

yeah i know there is this myth of alternating good/bad but the subs don’t really show that, nor the retention

the xpacs all went pretty well til the huge no content end period of MoP and it lost about 20% of subs. However this is stil nothing compared to what happened after.

In WoD and forward, the xpacs consistently lost 50% or more of their subs within the first 1-2 tiers, sometimes has high as 70-80% by the end of the 2nd tier.

there is just no comparison

and this did come with major system design changes

2 Likes

I was one of the ones that played through entire expacs, I saw things get better, WoD, BFA and SL are definitely on the lower end for me but I play a lot of toons and would rather have like 1 1/2 to 1 hour per toon to get things done each day before doing the content I want to do (raid, M+, Tmog runs, etc).

However, I saw that Blizzard was trying to get the kind of player that would sub but not play often.

As far as sub/retention, we don’t always know if the ones that left would come back or if they were the kind to say "if it is not exactly this way, I am not coming back:. We also don’t know if the ones that left just had life take over, job, family, etc. I am not saying that the systems and such did not have an effect, just that there could be many things that lead to toe decline.

As well as stubborn fools on both sides (devs and players). I was one that put forth a PF like idea, but I still had it available first patch, or first .5 patch at the latest with new zones getting it after its own pathfinder (like i would have unlocked flying in Korthia the same way it was done in ZM but have had flight unlocked in all but the maw before 9.1).

It is more or less confirmed that normal flight is coming in a later patch of Dragonflight (https://www.wowhead.com/news/full-fledged-flying-planned-for-a-later-patch-in-dragonflight-326874), but it is foolish to say that the deves confirmed it to not be till the end of the expansion, yet this is the kind of thing GD eats up. I also feel that if the devs are really as vindictive as some say they are, topics like this will only drive them to delaying it more.

I didn’t like the story either it was suppose to be a big army about to over run us and poof nothing happens.

That’s a logical fallacy. Your argument is that because they make you use a key feature of the expansion, and deny you a pervious feature because it serves essentially the same purpose of the current feature it is therefore because the new feature must be bad.

You are assuming motive, when other factors are there. It’s a rather disingenuous argument to make.

2 Likes

Never heard it put better!!

I said it right after the “reveal & deep dive” - there will be a second Pathfinder, so to speak where we can fly our own mounts after we’ve learned every function of the dragonflight. Probably halfway, but the catch will be we’ll be sent to a new zone where we can only use the df until completed.

Flying has slowly gone to only being useful to alts. Now our own mounts are benched.

OP is probably mostly correct. The details will take time. However, when has the game ever took something potentially fun and not turned it in on itself to suck the fun dry time?

1 Like

An your trust to much that blizzard really cares .

Blocking flying kills any hype whatsoever. So tired of it.

6 Likes

i am under no obligation to trust blizzard.

4 Likes

people voicing their opinions and concerns on the forums isn’t hurting your enjoyment of the game.

You count four disaster expacs in a row. That leads to one obvious question. How many years of bad service and/or product will you keep paying for buddy?

“That’s eight years of disappointment in a row now. I’m warning you Blizzard I’m only going to pay for two or three more. Four tops!”

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’ve unsubscribed, last day May 8. It’s been a fun game in the past.

4 Likes