Conduits have changed for the better

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-development-update-october/666214

You get 1 “conduit energy” a day to change 1 conduit. If you dont use it, you can save up to 10 of them.

If you get a new conduit you get given an extra energy so you can use it straight away.

Updated the title to better reflect how the comments feel about this

6 Likes

Looks like Diablo team has left the building and Candy crush team has taken over.

Why are they making these things so convoluted.

18 Likes

Better, yes. Fixed is a stretch but the improvement is appreciated.

2 Likes

That is hardly a fix.

6 Likes

This is hardly fun, either.

2 Likes

This doesn’t really fix the underlying issue which is that the game these days is generally designed so that you need to hyper specialize your build for the content you’re running, but they want to hard limit how much you can change your build around.

A better solution if they don’t want conduits switched around as often as talents would be to just make it an increasing gold cost each time you do it that resets every Tuesday.

1 Like

Reminds me of mobile games with those artificial time locks that you need to purchase in game To unlock more time or whatever

10 Likes

Changed the title to say they’re better

I guess that’s a little better than “try again next week”.

1 Like

Gameplay First

“Everything we do at Blizzard Entertainment is based on the success of the gaming experiences we provide our players. The goal of each discipline within the company – be it art, programming or customer support – is to make our games as fun as possible for as many people as we can reach.”

What part of these limitations are designed to make the game as fun as possible for as many people as they can?

7 Likes

Sounds like the usual Blizzard go extreme then compromise . Yup :+1:

Energy that goes up over time, this is just F2P mobile system. Doesn’t really belong in WoW.

7 Likes

Sure that’s a better change than what it was (just about any change would have been better), but this just feels like a mobile game system now.

2 Likes

I don’t even think it’s better. I honestly think it’s worse, just for the fact it’s more convoluted. At least the week cooldown was a week and done. Now I have to actually manage and plan out energy use.

I have mentioned before it feels like Blizzard is doing F2P tactics without the associated pay method to skip them. The entire reason why F2P games has these unfun mechanisms is to get you to pay to skip them.

3 Likes

Don’t give them ideas.

Next build : “You can now buy conduit energy on the Stygia vendor in the Maw!”

2 Likes

*Better should have an asterisk.

Like a mud sandwich is better than a poop sandwich, but I don’t want to eat either.

5 Likes

I supoose it is a little bit but it does give more flexibility

It gives less actually. At least with the week cooldown, I could rebuild entirely after 7 days.

Now if I have 0 energy, get a new Conduit, say the Endurance AMZ one, and I want to slot it in multiple specs’ soulbinds, I literally cannot.

1 Like

You get 1 conduit energy every time you get a new conduit at least so you can use it straight away