Conduits as a crutch?

I am afraid of what is to come. Our heals are too small for Enhance and our Defense is crap. I feel like a wet paper towel when hit. Am I wearing cloth I think to myself…
Why would I even waste my time using a heal that only heals for 5% (10% crit) of your health. I like the changes other than these two. Something is seriously wrong. Are conduits going to hold us up in healing and defense? If so what happens to DPS? Do we fall further behind?

2 Likes

Defensives are not fixed by Conduits, Blizzard needs to put actual work into giving Enhancement defensive CDs. The Enhancement Potency conduits are for Windfury, Lava Lash, Frost Shock, and Maelstrom Weapon.

The most defensive of those is the Maelstrom Weapon one, which will increase the damage/healing of your next spell by 4% to 10% per stack of it.

In terms of Endurance Conduits, you have one that makes Earth Elemental give you 20% to 40% max HP, one that makes Healing Surge heal you for 15% to 30% more, and

One that reduces your reincarnation cooldown by 3 to 10 minutes and has it give you astral shift after using it. The king of defensives, really.

If you wanna take a Finesse Conduit as a… defensive, Crippling Hex makes enemies affected by it deal 8% less damage for 8 to 15 seconds after Hex is removed.

It’s going to be the same issue we always have.

Conduits and leggos that’s will give enh/ele good defensive tankiness will get nerfed to nonexistent because they will make resto OP. And instead of nerfing resto specifically they will globally nerf shaman.

I’m referring to the ES leggo, HS conduit, HST conduit, and possibly the EE conduit.

1 Like

If we were wearing cloth, we would probably be tankier. Mages, locks, and priests have no problem outlasting shaman.

2 Likes

Ya, I have no idea. I go to darkshore and Arathi and the mobs I used to tank is impossible to do now. It’s like classic wow when you first start out lol. What even is this change. I gotta sit like this till xpac comes out. fml

Yeah, I actually cancelled my sub until the real prepatch/SL launch. Turns out, no matter what you do to leveling, 13 years of it (haven’t leveled since early Legion) is more than enough for me. It’s more fun than it has been in a while, but what does that mean to someone that has 3-7 of every class they want?

The reasoning that ankh is a defensive upsets me and ill never accept that as a reason. If they want to be taken seriously they need to redesign it for modern wow. Making it cheat death for shaman would go a long way. Astral shift is fine how it is, long duration with a hearty DR% on a short CD. It’s quite possibly the best DR in the game. They should also make the maelstrom gen effect from lightning shield a passive for enhance so earth shields value would go up. A base line DR and cheat death would go well with 2 defensive talents.

1 Like

If only Ankh was a full health restore which has never been. I fear now this company is going under as far as WoW is concerned.