Condensed Macro won't recognize Mouseover

I have condensed the following 3 keybinds into 1 macro. The macros work individually but not collectively. I can’t figure out why my mouseover won’t recognize a target.

Macro 1 - Glider

I have a Use 15/Glider Macro that I use for all character. This is just the glider because the Druid is not an Engineer.

#showtooltip
/use Horde Glider Kit

Macro 2 - Covenant Ability

#showtooltip
/cast Convoke the Spirits

Macro 3 - Druid Tier Row

#showtooltip
/cancelform [help]
/cast [talent:2/1] Tiger Dash; [talent:2/2] Renewal; [talent:2/3] [@mouseover, exists] [] Wild Charge

Individually the all work especially the 3rd one until I combine them into this.

#showtooltip
/cancelform [help]
/use [mod:ctrl] Horde Glider Kit; [mod:shift] Convoke the Spirits; [talent:2/1] Tiger Dash; [talent:2/2] Renewal; [talent:2/3] [@mouseover, exists] [] Wild Charge

The Modifiers work fine but the mouseover for Wild Charge does not register and I have to manually select a target.

Is it the cancelform [help] causing the conflict? I have also tried this with a [nomod] variant for the 3rd macro section and that doesn’t work either.

Another pair of eyes would be appreciated.

This fixed my issue.

[talent:2/3,@mouseover,exists][talent:2/3]Wild Charge;

Can simplify it a bit further:

#showtooltip
/cancelform [help]
/use [mod:ctrl] Horde Glider Kit; [mod:shift] Convoke the Spirits; [talent:2/2] Renewal; [talent:2/3,@mouseover,exists,nodead] [talent:2/3] Wild Charge; Dash
2 Likes

So that would fire off Dash/Tiger Dash on press but would fire off WIld Charge on mouseover? How would Renewal/Dash respond with no target? Wouldn’t there be a conflict?

A line in a Macro is evaluated left to right and the first thing that meets the options will be what wow attempts to cast. If the ability can’t be cast (cd or invalid target or whatever) then the line fizzles and nothing happens. Wow doesn’t keep trying anything else on the line.

I’m not a druid player but based on reading of wild charge the ability requires a target. This is what will happen if you activate the macro without holding down shift or Ctrl:

If wild charge is your selected talent, it will first check if your mouse is over a living unit and charge that, but if you’re mouse is over a dead unit or black space it will cast wild charge normally (at your target). If you don’t have a target, nothing is cast. It doesn’t look at anything to the right of wild charge.

If wild charge is your selected talent, wow will never try to cast Dash. Same goes for renewal. If renewal is your selected talent, wow will never try to cast Dash. The only way dash would cast from that macro is if you had tiger dash selected as a talent instead of renewal or wild charge.

The druid abilities Renewal and dash do not require a target (based on what I’ve read) and will cast on you.

2 Likes

I guess I was reading the logic backwards this morning. Thank you for the clarification.

1 Like