Companion App: New Version Available?

Hi, guys. :slight_smile: I tried using the companion app before I get home and I’m told there’s a new version available which I must update to before I can do see the app. However, I went to the Google Play Store and the latest update, it looks like, was on December 4th.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: The update is now available on the Google Play Store and the app is working!

Edit: But apparently NOT working for iOS yet. :frowning:

Edit: The update is now available for iOS! :smiley:

2 Likes

Having the same issue. It looks like the update hasn’t been added to mobile stores yet so there’s a discrepancy between the old version and the new version.

1 Like

Same issue with IOS version

1 Like

Same issue here. Why does it take so long to push out the updates? This really should be seamless this day and age. I want to get my followers to work.

1 Like

I mostly use it to speak with my guildies, especially on a day like today.

Same thing here. iOS. Deleted and reinstalled. Still no luck. Says there’s a new version available, but there is not.

2 Likes

It’s just frustrating. They post on Twitter about getting the update finished early, but nothing on the app. Can’t even get a comment. It should be released almost the same time. It’s not like this update was a surprise to them.

1 Like

I wish this app didn’t seem to take a back seat. It could use a few updates and improvements, but I haven’t seen it updated with anything new in some time now, unfortunately.

I’m not trying to whine here, Blizzard. I love your app, I just want it to be better! :slight_smile:

I have the sane issue. Just like Surlybendër I uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no luck.

1 Like

I’d suggest trying again. In Google Play the most recent update is now dated January 6, 2020 and it updated and opened just fine for me in the past 4 minutes. So maybe it’s fixed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

iOS version is still from a month ago. I just checked my updates and the actual listing in the store.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m having the same issue as well, hopefully with enough posts it will warrant a blue dropping by and adding an update to the issue. Let’s cross our fingers!

2 Likes

Same issue here on ios

1 Like

I can confirm the update is now available on the Google Play Store and I am able to use the app. :slight_smile:

Not for iOS yet.

1 Like

Now it’s just getting annoying. 2+ hours after the update in game downtime has ended and still waiting on the iOS app. I don’t touch the game on update days because I know how terrible it usually is with bugs and such so I’d really like the app so I can take care of followers missions, etc.

1 Like

In the meantime, why don’t you log in and visit the mission table?

I never touch the game on update day. Learned years ago it’s not worth it.

2 Likes

Still no update or word on it. This is beyond frustrating now. Especially when you know it’s been released on another platform.

1 Like

The update is now in the store for iOS.

1 Like