Comp Stomp Renown Catchup

So was it removed?

What, no way. I hope not! Comp Stomp is free renown city.

I just ran one on my shaman and went from 30 to 31 so it’s still in. I’m going to see if the honor gains are similar.

Alright went from 31 to 32 on my second and got 320 honor so still a good way to grind gear and renown.

I’m surprised blizzard didn’t touch this tbh.

Delete thread delete thread. Say again delete thread. (Before they notice)

abusing a broken system isn’t fun detected

Swapping to a new covenant and being able to max renown in a day is pretty fun ngl.

No, the chance for Renown with a win is not being removed from Comp Stomp.

It’s a chance on all Battleground wins, and Comp Stomp is a Battleground. So it’s staying.

:smiley:

17 Likes

Ohhh a blue ohhhhh

WE THOUGHT YOU WERE EXTINCT!

8 Likes

Unrelated to the topic of this thread, but please relay to whomever you’re able to, that the gearing situation for PVP is currently busted. The honor catch up in 9.1.5 isn’t good enough. The gear gap is so severe and it takes so long to get enough honor to get honor gear that it feels like you have to do arenas just in order to queue into a random BG, which feels backwards. Thank you.

Good job, now they won’t come back for a couple of years again.

3 Likes

What? You can get a full set of now 213 honor gear in like 2hours

Hyperbole. No, you cannot get a full set of fully upgraded honor gear in 2 hours, and not without losing over and over to people who have conquest gear. Again, there’s no ‘starting point’ for PVP gearing. Korthia gear is wet tissue paper in PVP. I know because I’ve used it. People with not even 1600 rated gear will take your lunch money in a handful of globals while you tickle them. I’ve been on both ends of this equation. The gear imbalance is so bad that I can just demolish someone who has less than 40k health, and anyone with 48k health or above demolishes me. It’s not a fun system.

2 Likes

I’ve honor geared very quickly with comp stomp.

Comp stomp is a bandaid solution because it only comes around every now and then. Good luck if you want to gear an alt on the 9th onwards I guess.

2 Likes

I said 213, not fully upgrading. Fully upgrading honor sets is just a waste of time for even the most casual of casual 1h a week players.

Even that’s not enough to contribute to a BG. It’s a backward system where you have to do arenas and get at least 1400 rating to do random BGs. 1400 isn’t hard at all but it’s not a good system to have where you have to do the more organized content in order to do the random, unorganized content. That’s the point I was making. If random BGs are the ‘starting point’ for PVP gearing, you need need PVP gear in order to get honor which you would spend on honor gear in order to go into arena to get conquest gear. It’s backwards.

This is why Random BGs should have templates.

True. They should have templates.

Are you guys keeping track of your gains? I’m at 2(renown)/10(CompStomps) so far (20%). I gave up yesterday because I stopped getting Renown and I didn’t know if you would continue to get it after a certain point and really I still don’t, but Kaivex’s post makes it sound like you should it’s just rare maybe? :man_shrugging: Only at 48 Renown so I would have guessed I’m low enough to have a good chance each game.

Last time comp stomp was up, my warrior capped out after a certain renown level. I want to say it was below 59 because I needed to do some korthia chapters to unlock the final upgrade tiers for honor gear. I might be misremebering though.

Regardless, I’m going to be doing some games on my now necrolord druid here. I’ll document how my renown gains go.

Just finished my tenth and nothing, it’s just wasting time at this point, best of luck to you though! :smiley:

1 Like