Comp Stomp Removal and Bugs

As many of you know, Comp Stomp was scheduled for this week. However, after a few hours of it being live, Blizzard has decided to remove the BG and replace it with Mogu Brawl.

If the reason this was removed is because of the echoes, please just remove the echoes or reduce them significantly daily after the first win. This is a great battleground to grind out the AB reputation. A reputation that is 15 years old at this point. A reputation that is trivial and gives little more than a couple of transmog items and meta achievement points.

Please put the battleground back on live. This is the end of the expansion. It gives us achivement grinders something to do. It gives new players a way to get currency. This is yet another example of Blizzard changing something that doesn’t need to be changed because it makes alt friendly achivements and currency easier to achieve. Please. STOP. Blizzard.

There are a few known issues with Comp Stomp. One of these is not being able to leave the bg correctly or reque for the battleground. Here are the ways to solve those problems:

If you are stuck in a game type in chat : /run LFGTeleport(true)
if this does not work. Alt+f4 and it should be okay.

If you are unable to que for the BG: It is restricted in many areas. I found going to my Garrison gave me free range to que for the BG but being in Boralis did not. Just change your location if the button is greyed out for you.

9 Likes

Preach! for sure blizzard is on some donut biz today!

2 Likes

Whenever there is a problem with the current brawl, Hotmogu is typically the default replacement while they work out the issues. It’s happened many, many times.

This is very likely another case where something is wrong with the brawl and will probably get fixed by tonight or tomorrow; although I’m surprised there’s a brawl at all since I thought last week was one?

most likely not. it has been removed from the calendar completely

#Changeitback
I have no idea how they decided to remove a Brawl entirely from the game instead of minors fixes.

1 Like

That also happens when they do this.

Thanks for the informative response! I hope that is the case.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, very possible that Blizzard made some last minute, unannounced change. I can’t say for sure.

But I have seen this exact thing happen multiple times, so I wouldn’t get too worried unless a day or so goes by without any fix or word.

This actually happened to Hotmogu itself a while ago. Completely disappeared from the calendar for months, never showed up again until there was a problem with… I think Packed House? Then Hotmogu started reappearing along with all the rest.

1 Like

It’s a rubbish BG … good riddance to bad rubbish .

And it shouldn’t even be called a BG.

For AB rep, play proper AB.

4 Likes

Well that answers that, lol

2 Likes

idk why this is even a brawl its a waste of a brawl slot anyway its not even pvp lmao its pve player vs bot shouldnt have ever existed IMO too bad its staying

7 Likes

Depressing, was hoping to do CompStomp to get my last AB achieve for Battlemaster. Guess im out of luck till Shadowlands reeeeeee.

3 Likes

Read the post. There are clear advantages to it. It isn’t great but it is a way to help new players get semi geared and rep farm.

How often do you join a BG start losing and then start blaming the lvl 120s with 100k life for your loss? This gets them to a level of at least competetive play. It allows them to last more than a sneeze in pvp combat. This helps them and helps keep them out of your real BGs until they have better gear.

4 Likes

All fine but it gave rewards which should be got with real ‘PvP’. Like Blood of Enemy essence and AB rep etc

I admit I run it to stock marks of honor . Good it’s gone.

4 Likes

i am just saying it may as well be in the dungeon q i dont know why its even considered in the brawl tab.

But i guess its to be expected with how much pve blizz has forced down our throats recently.

My argument is sure if people want to do it fine all power to them but it should honestly be moved to the dungeon tab and us pvpers get a normal brawl

4 Likes

Did you not even read my post? I legit said “reduce the amount of echos.” This is an easy farm for rep and 425 gear. Nothing more. Just because you can’t benifit from something (which isn’t even true, you admit to farming marks) doesn’t mean it’s worthless to the game as a whole. Brawls are meant to be alternative BG content. That’s why it is temporary and revolves. You aren’t going to like or benefit from everything but that’s WHY it’s on a rotation (and an extremely LONG one at that) it wasn’t coming back again until December. That’s every 3 months.

2 Likes

God forbid we have another easy way to gear alts. Can’t have that at the end of the expansion.

Glad I was able to get my 24 marks for Blacksmithing prior to it being shut down. Absolute bottom tier company to try to pass this off as a “bug” or “shouldn’t have been on rotation.”

4 Likes

I can see the argument for putting it in the PVE tab. Especially because it fell in the same week as pet battles. So it wouldn’t have taken up a needed spot for PVE content. Move STOMP COMP to PVE tab and Keep Hot Mogu for those in the PVP. That’s acceptable.

Removing it completely is why most of us are disappointed.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much all i ask for i mean it really is considered pve.

1 Like

Good job blizzard. Let’s go ahead and give yet another blow to the already dying PVP community. All the people that waited to do this just to take it away with no warning. No post. Nothing. Extremely unprofessional.

1 Like