Community Overhaul

I have been playing WoW since Vanilla, and lately for the past few years I usually pop in the first month of an expansion, and the last 3 months. The game feels like an un fun job, with very little or no rewards. I quit the game right around WoD, and I thought for years how would I fix the game and make it fun again. I’m here to tell you all, I have the answer… and It’s a huge community in game over haul!

1. LFR and LFG change: I don’t think we can remove these features as that’s not an evolution of the game, it’s taking away something and that leads to people quitting. What I would change is, players can ONLY que for LFR/LFG while the player is inside of an inn, tavern, or pub. It makes more sense that in game, if players wanted to find groups to do content they would hang out in a tavern and find other heroes. All inns will have a new chat channel called “Looking for heroes” which players waiting for a que can socialize and ask questions with others. Helpful players in the inn after receiving enough gifts may receive a new title “The Mentor”. Gifts are purchased with gold at every inn!

2. Change to all Inns in game: every single tavern in game will get a cosmetic change to have a bar area where players can buy drinks and food which provide buffs for LFG/LFR, and items that are gift only which can buff other players who you feel have great transmog, or impressive gear. If a player has 5 or more of these inn buffs will provide a buff to loot drops from the content which only apply to the LFG/LFR content. Another feature to inns would be Guild representation, which if 5 or more members of the same guild occupy a tavern the banners and table cloths will resemble that guilds tabard! Inns will be come hubs where guilds can come together and party! Careful to not party to hard and upset the mayor!

3. Have a program for WoW streamers to become mayors: Set up a program or system for WoW streamers can submit an application online, where their content and standing will come into question. Good streamers shall be awarded by Blizzard with the title of “Mayor of Goldshire” or any other town in the game! Being a mayor comes with much responsibility such as an item called “The Key to the City” awarded to one player once a week, which give them a % buff to exp and rep, and access to The Mayors house when ever they please which is a special garrison light area where the streamer can invite other players and design its look and ascetic. All the customizable items for decorating the mansion will be locked behind large resources requirements! Organize your followers to farm materials to build that dinning hall table made of gold! Or farm fel leather for a sweet devilish couch! Mayors will have highlighted chat to let other players know, you hold status among your peers. Mayors can invite a 40 man raid, and his key holder invite their 40 man raid to the mansion. Fireworks shows at night can be held for the cost of crafting materials. So can special feasts during different holidays which provide powerful buffs which persist through death!

4. Major cities will have the theater added to them: A theater is a new building where players can enter an instance portal and sit in a theatre with other players where there is a special chat channel and watch WoW cinematic, machima, and other WoW related videos! Videos will be approved by Blizzard, and players can earn a title for spending 24 hours watching movies “Thespian”.

5. All professions can now craft gifts: A gift is an item you can craft and give to another player you feel did a great job or you just like them! Gifts give players buffs that persist through death and can not be dispelled. The buffs help others chances at drops, gold gained, exp/rep gained, and rested exp gained. A reward system in game player to player promotes good will and rewards kindness, and punishes poor behavior. It’s simple psychology! Players who give 100 gifts earn the title, “Sugar Daddy/Mommy”

Adding more social systems to the game will improve the social aspect in game which now a days is fleeting at best! The social aspect pushes players to try new content, to learn, to grow as a player! Making an MMORPG into a single player game is in effect killing the game. The game’s biggest appeal is joining a large vibrant fun world filled with other interesting adventurers! Having conversations with people half way across the world you never thought you’d meet! Gear is always replaced, but the friends we make along the way last forever!

1 Like

Unfortunately Blizz doesn’t come to the New Player forum for feedback. This is a player to player help forum and there are no devs in these parts.

If you want the devs to see your suggestions, you’d need to post it over in a community forum such as General Discussion.

It won’t let me. I kept trying to tap the new topic button and nothing happened. I just want this good idea out there for people to read and if it’s good enough, the right people will see it. Having a thriving community is how we all help the player base.

Stopped reading here.

The “right people” are the devs who pretty much never visit this forum. Suggestions made in the New Players forum are pixels tossed to the wind.

You have to have paid time on a WoW account to post in any forum other than customer or tech support or the new player forum.

If you recently added time to an account, try logging off and then in to the forums a couple of times to refresh your forum info.

1 Like