Community is at odds with Blizzard over healers

Blizzard balances healer DPS primarily for PvP, not PvE. High damage healers are juggernauts in PvP.

2 Likes

how do you feel about interrupting or ccing? i don’t see that in anyone’s job description, so it kind of seems like nobody should do it.

4 Likes

It is a question of Competence, I think.
A competent DPS should be able to interrupt on a rotation without seeing a dip in their damage output.
A competent healer should be able to do some DPS on “slow times” in a common fight.

Yet, the demand seems to be that all play above average, how can that be? You can see, on occasion, above average players but in general average has be the expectation. Kinda strange if you ask me.

1 Like

Designed to do both.

Excel at neither.

Edit: At least in this meta

1 Like

why would i ever consider playing a healer id rather just dps.

No. They aren’t. Some stupid clickbait YouTube video whined about something no one had a problem with and GD jumped on the bandwagon.

6 Likes

No. You want that. Not everyone does. I do not. I would literally never heal again if they balanced encounters around healers dpsing.

1 Like

it’s almost like there was a fix- the hybrid classes
 only players cried they wanted to do the same pewpew as pure dps classes, all while still being able to heal.

I think the reason this whole debate started in the first place is some healers have to use offensive abilities to heal while others don’t. That’s a problem in game design. If all healers had to use damage spells to heal, we wouldn’t be having this conversation, nor if all healers were able to effectively heal without using offensive abilities.

I’ve been healing on one of my druids this patch, and pulling 13k HPS during heavy damage phases is really helpful, but if I were healing on my paladin, those phases wouldn’t last as long because I’m keeping up with, or surpassing the tanks on DPS. I might only top out at 8k - 10k HPS on my paladin, but shortening the fights is extremely beneficial to the group.

Right now, it’s all about preference. I try to DPS on my druid when I can, but if the group is a bunch of dummies, no amount of healing or DPS will time the run or down the raid boss.

1 Like

I agree that healers shouldnt dps! Seriously dps demand so much from healers its insane. Ive seen dps get mad because a healer didnt save them from easily avoidable things like infectious rain or greivous. Like um hello? The healer is there to heal. Not save you from your own stupidity AND you want me to dps on top of that? Talk about selfish.

2 Likes

I’m confident that the trend has been for more and more healer DPS and will/should continue along those lines.

If anything, I’d say WoW is a major outlier in the huge limits it puts on healer DPS options
 well for most specs.

You’re misrepresenting the actual issue.

We’re tired of healers not doing mechanics (So’Leah’s collapsing star jumps to mind), not contributing to any of the seasonal affixes yet crying the loudest about it when the wrong one gets killed; and in general carrying them in dungeons when they show up and only heal.

1 Like

I think the foundation of your post is flawed. The game is not balanced around healer DPS. There is nothing in Random, Normal, or Heroic that requires a healer to DPS.

For the most challenging content in the game, yes, it helps to have a healer DPS. But even then it isn’t a requirement.

They should just nerf healer damage when in a party/raid.

I mean it is literally in the name of the role 
 right?
It is called Healer, not damager.

So the Community needs to chill and don’t force a playstyle if the player don’t want to.

Enough Healer have that playstyle if they want to.
ATotC for Monks,
Being Melee for HP generation for Paladin,
Discipline as its own spec.

It shouldn’t be necessary.

2 Likes

I know where your coming from. I don’tmind dpsing. BUT if the group is taking mass dmg meaning they don’t kick or stay out of crap I gotta heal and not dps. But when they take extra dmg and demand for dps at the same time thats when i get really frustrated and angry.

2 Likes

All healers should get working damage tools that aren’t super intrusive with their kit, some of them can be built into healing as well, but the option to put some work into damage if only for world content would be a solid addition to the game. A healer going all out(no healing) should be able to match tank damage which will net to healers almost always being below tank damage because they are still healers at the end of the day.

No one is expecting you to be topping the DPS charts, but if you are just standing around not doing anything why not?

found the dps player who never interrupts because it does no damage

4 Likes

The reason they nerf heal dps is because of some idea of pvp balance.

I don’t personally buy it. And early bfa heals was fine.