Community figures

There’s obviously some high community figures that check out these forums, that we should in my opinion push forward to our cause in the community council.

Personally, I can think of none other than my good friend Bicep…he’s gone above and beyond with myself and the help of others and this community to make guides on play and videos to help the common dk and issues with it…just a side bar as datamining new tech.

P.S. he should get his own item too.

3 Likes

Hey, what about my own item? :frowning:

But yea, since Biceps does a lot in terms of writing guides. He’d have my vote. He’s cool. He’s a data scientist. I did have a good chinwag with him about rolling something twice.

He’s not right all the time though and there are a couple of things I disagree with him but I guess that’s what makes us human. Last time he was wrong about something was from the evaluation of Glacial Advance (During SL beta days) to memeing about Hypothermic Presence with MarcelianOnline (and rightfully so because Hypothermic Presence is a garbage talent unless you’re running Rextroy’s Most Recent Immortal DK build).

Overall, again, he’s cool and would speak to him about additional references in Frost and Unholy PvE!

2 Likes

Biceps has contributed a lot and is essentially our best theorycrafter, however I don’t think I have ever heard his thoughts on what the class should be, only what it is.

nobody is

2 Likes

Touche!

Side note, I"M STILL NOT USED TO YOU BEING AN ORC.

1 Like

oh, check this out, so i castsequence macroed the orc racial to slappy hands.

then i put that macro on the keybind ‘G’

so now when i want to win, i hit ‘GG’

1 Like

Cast Sequence!!!

I have not thought about that! I usually just merge them into one button but even then that’s impractical.

I’ll definitely keep that in mind with my own Orc Death Knights.

As always with guide work and stuff it can only come down to hopefuls and statistics to a degree. In my experience working with sims and Acherus in general I know I can be pretty bias towards non breath builds while still attempting to help the other builds, but I believe pump is pretty objective and wishes all builds to be good.

At first, I did not agree with him with Biting Cold for M+. I used to say Koltira’s Fervor was a well-rounded legendary and is a solid legendary for all forms of content. Now I’m using Biting Cold for all forms of content.

Thanks to Everfrost and empowered conduits… heh. RW just scales and guess what, they’re about to get stronger in 9.2! :smiley:

Prior 9.1, I used to use Koltira. Now it’s Rolling Everfrost all the way.

1 Like

People that go on the community council needs to be anon. At this point its just an out for Blizzard to remove responsibility from themselves to put on the council. If the council suggests something that the overall playerbase doesnt like or finds issue with then they are a lightning rod instead of Blizzard. Its PR, dont think its anything else because Blizzard has access to stuff right now. They have done interviews where they have been told issues with SL and ignored it.

Preach told them, Bellular told them, Pyro told them, Limit Matt has told them even if not directly. They have done this before and it didnt work, they have access to this now and they didnt listen, and I dont know why anyone would come to the conclusion that this time would be any different.

Very much appreciate all the kind words here, I’ve already applied to the council so we’ll see what happens :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You seem to be the only one open to discussion with anyone that is well known in the community.

Safe to say you deserve it the most :+1:

2 Likes

The council needs to be anon. It really does. Either that or others arent able to see the forum. Otherwise the council is just a lightning rod for Blizzard. “Its not our fault the game is bad, we did what the council said”.

I wouldnt want to be on the council and I dont know why anyone else would. Its either going to end up where they dont listen, like they havent been even though they have been told all this stuff publicly, or they will just blame the council.

Tbf, they’ve had these types of things before and as by Preach one is still active with something for devs to communicate with players apparently privately and it has never worked before and still isn’t working. Take that along with last years revelations of how devs would lash out against players giving feedback on the private forums/channels that they’ve set up it is something to be worried about. People being anonymous is the least of the problems there.

Yep, Biceps is by far best person I could think of to represent DK community. Data driven, no bias, and very dedicated to the community.

2 Likes

And they have been told stuff in public with public interviews, they have the forums which is entirely public, they have stuff in private and none of it works. It will never work if you dont trust your playerbase which Blizzard clearly doesnt. Look at how many companies now blame others for their failure.

Look at the interview Preach had with Ion, entirely public, and supposedly Preach offered it to be private and they declined and wanted it to be public. Everything Preach said Ion basically disagreed with, EVERYTHING. And then 9.1.5 comes around and they remove conduit energy that they were warned about, they are making it so you can swap covenants on the fly at max renown, something that people should have been able to do regardless especially classes that have different covenants for different specs.

People need to be anon when it comes to these forums if they are going to make any type of suggestion to Blizzard. Say they dont make suggestions that arent in alignment with the overall community? Blizzard listens to them and then players overall dont like it? Blizzard will have to be active there, they would have to respond, and it would have to be someone like Ion.

2 Likes

The council should have a voice from every class IMO, would make sense.

GL Bicep!

Something I would like to see addressed is smoother scaling for all classes. Stop these weird gaps between Ilvl for some classes. Council could address it and it would stop some of these feel bads between gear levels when certain specs need x amount of secondaries to really hit their stride.

1 Like