Community Council Rallying Cry

minor damage changes is not TUNING. That’s all we want addressed and to change. appreciate you and anyone helping us out in the cc. legends.

The Sharding issue is something I’m already trying to bring eyes too and I know it relates to War Mode/World PvP.

I have both a CC thread and a GD mirror made which you can find the GD mirror here.

While I haven’t seen much from World PvP’ers in there, I’m sure if a few were to start saying “Hey we got issues in war mode too, like-” It’d be helpful.

Unfortunately as I’ve said, PvP is not my cup of tea due to several reasons so I feel it would be wrong of me to try to say “Yeah I’d like to see that changed!” or “I think that could use some tuning” when it’s not something I actively participate in.

I understand you want more eyes that could potentially call in the blues but like what Näamah said in another thread, we are struggling to get blue responses on all our threads ranging from serious issues to meager requests.

I wish I could do more to be honest but as I’ve said, I’m not a PvPer and it would be wrong of me to make suggestions when I don’t know what I’m talking about in this game mode. (The most I’ve ever done is Comp Stomp) The best I can do is my sharding thread for War Mode/World PvP.

Cyrios has a thread in the CC and it’s open to all CC members to comment. Whoever responds there will likely help you better than I can.

1 Like

Not being funny, but only one reply from the entire council… really poor show…,

That’s the nicest and lightest way to describe so few bothering to post.

Hopefully the next batch of Community Council members are on the pulse and have the whole communities interests at heart.

3 Likes

I’ve seen that thread you posted, thank you for tackling that issue! That is understandable, and I wouldn’t want you to misrepresent your experience. I hope you’ll consider stopping by my Mega thread where I discuss more in depth the issue with Sharding in Warmode and Chromie Time in one of my tabs. While you’re in there if you look around at some of my other tabs, I’ve set it up as educational material so you can familiarize yourself with the issues and perhaps feel more comfortable speaking on them.

On his thread if you were to point out that many people in the community seem dissatisfied with the lack of changes to PvP, you would not only be correct, and helping us, but also pointing out that there is something there worth looking into, even if you yourself do not fully understand the issues. Thank you Ravij for your contribution and consideration!

I’d like to dispel some misconceptions, but the CC is a mixed bag of interests. We all were chosen for the different aspects of gameplay we felt we could contribute to. There are very few who have their feet in all modes of the game and despite there being over 100 of us a big majority don’t even post here or in our discord.

I’d love to see everyone be represented but people need to realize that, again, we are a mixed bag. I already said this but it counts for all of us on the CC - it would be wrong of some of us to suggest things in a game mode that we do not actively participate in. It’s just unfortunate that some of those on the CC who do participate in PvP are quiet or non-existant on threads like this.

Keep trying! Nearly every aspect of PvP is falling apart, except for Arena which is honestly not in a great state either.

1 Like

Thank you! I know, class balance has always been parabolic in Arena and the whole flavor of the month thing makes you wonder if they’re just really bad at class tuning or if they want a small handful of Specs to out perform everyone on some kind of weird rotation.

To be honest I think it has to be unintentional otherwise you wouldn’t see classes like Frost DK that have been so forgotten patch after patch and are so hilariously bad it’s become a meme. I see no reason why they would intentionally bury some specs. But then again how could anyone fail so horribly at balancing classes that they quite literally forget about them all together for years on end? We need change, and by change I mean even just one guy overseeing these issues, because there is clearly no one managing PvP.

And you’re hoping for… what, exactly? The Community Council was a Public Relations stunt, and one that unfortunately worked.

I’m sorry I just don’t think it can be done while the rest of the machine is running. I know blizz has tried a lot if things with hunters over the years, for example, but we all will never see them in championships. There are just some classes that will always dominate and often this transfers into pve as well. Arena, in some ways, ruined the spirit of pvp which was more an extension of role play before it. The classes we’re largely designed for open world activity at the onset and I think that isnt a bad thing but does cause balance issues. Far more people enjoy pve anyway… I am glad they are separating buffs/nerfs into pve and pvp often these days though.

pvp needs a dev

100% retail needs a pvp server

I kinda hope so because I feel like if you’re going to make balance flavor of the month you wouldn’t forget about certain classes over and over and keep making a lot of the same suspects meta over and over. I think they’re just really bad a balancing, or they aren’t trying.

1 Like

Would be a really bizarre design philosophy, at this point I thing we actually need them to clarify, is Flavor of the Month the plan? or is it just accidental?