Community Council discussion on Hunter design

If the shoe fits? It was a fairly non-specific statement.

Firsthand experience? If not, sit down.

That’s your own limited understanding of the ability. Survival was about turning defense into offense. You would know that already if you would internalize some of my earlier posts in this thread.

I explained everything here:

Mongoose Bite was the central icon of Survival in Classic.
In retail, Mongoose Bite is the central ability in Survival’s damage rotation.

You’ve lost a considerable amount of influence as of late.
The tides have turned.

Marksmanship was a powerful contributor to the class.

Perfectly balanced for PvP.

One of its numerous, leverageable options.

You again underestimate how powerful we were in melee range. If we had 2x scaling in MAP, it would be completely imbalanced from a design standpoint if we did equivalent sustained damage to dedicated melee classes, while Survival still had access to powerful instant-cast ranged tools.

We were fine in melee range with 1:1 AGI/MAP under Deterrence.

Lacerate. The perfect utility tool provided by a PvP tree used to prevent a Rogue from vanishing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I made a funny

Until they made it melee again. Each phase of Survival was legitimate for the respective time period. The RSV phase ended 8 years ago, let it go.

I mean, you couldn’t spec out of melee either. :rofl:

Only it wasn’t a mere disagreement.

What exactly does “Tar Trap-Flare interaction is brilliant” have to do with the “SV was ranged even in classic” line you attempted to impose on me?

What is this ‘substance’ you make reference to? False equivalency.

Marksmanship provided ranged dps.
Survival provided melee dps.
Beast Mastery provided pet dps.

Contest it with actual logic or sit down.

Not sure what you’re missing here. False equivalency.

You’re free to have an opinion.

Didn’t I disclaim: “In my opinion”? I’m not sure why you’re so upset–why does my opinion wound you so?

The statement made about [Barbed Shot] was that I felt it was basically a generic feat of skill, and that it doesn’t scream BM like [Stomp] does.

[Cobra Shot] does fit the theme. I think it’s a good idea, but it feels crammed into the ranged weapon aesthetic. BM is still shackled to MM a bit as a result, which I think is holding BM back from its full potential.

Ideally, BM would dispense with hard weapon requirements within its spec tree entirely. At this point in the game, it makes no difference if BM had an Animation-Ranged/Melee Weapon for focus-spenders, Dual Throwing Axes like Rexxar in HotS, etc.

You shouldn’t get all bent out of shape over an opinion.

The reason you’re like this is because of your controlling nature which is a severe social maladjustment. Live and let live or get shouted down.

Oh, then where’s your 2nd seperate class that uses Ranged Weaponry?

You were an admitted BM Hunter at the time. You would only have a secondhand perspective on what SV gameplay was like.

The original SV Tree had no ranged abilities.
While Wyvern Sting was a welcome addition to the game, your notion of a ‘Ranged Survial’ cannot be proven by any logical means.

Survival was a melee archetype, BM was a pet archetype, and MM was a ranged archetype and they shared abilities to create an overarching fantasy.
In practice, the Classic Hunter was one of the first true physical damage hybrids.

95%+ Ranged DPS contribution came from Marksmanship
100% Melee DPS contribution came from Survival
100% Pet DPS contribution came from Beast Mastery

The original SV Tree had no ranged abilities and there was no baseline ranged abilities provided to the Hunter Superstructure by Survival.

Survival’s intra-specialization damage profile consisted of 90%+ melee dps with some added contribution to that figure from Immolation or Explosive Trap.

Prove otherwise.

1 Like