Common Factor ae1-br01-eqch2.as57976. net

I really hope I am not the only one whose noticed a common hop in many disconnection post.

ae1-br01-eqch2.as57976. net is listed in recent 4 threads (just checking front page - possibly more) related to a random DC followed by a brief inability to reconnect as if being blocked. This hop also happens after a blizzard server. This issue has persisted for almost a month by the looks of it.

Mine has been fixed, it was a damaged line from a lightning storm.

See here.

And there was a ton of those disconnection errors due the the Arris Modem and a DHCP issue. I was included in that. My latency on that hop can get up to 5k but it was not causing the disconnection issue I had.

This is exactly like my WinMTR and ae1-br02-eqch2.as57976. net - 1415 packet followed by the 1 completely lost packet is where my DC happens. Every time I’ve watch my WinMTR go from 0% Packet Loss, to 1 high ping packet, to 1-4 lost packets.

The last post about that hop is that it’s your node the high ping is due to a security. So what is the plan to fix this, because it’s obviously not on our end.

" The high latency that we’re seeing on hops like [ae1-br01-eqch2.as57976. net is generally expected due to the security precautions that are taken on our nodes."

River,

I moved your post to your own thread because your post was not helpful in the thread you posted it in. Zungar has already pointed out the correct answer to your question. Short version, that hop mitigates tests. It has always done this, and it shows that way whether or not there are issues. If you are having a problem, please provide your own winMTR when you are having a problem and we will look at the issue with you. Judging from where you live, you may be affected by the Telus issue we’re investigating. (I’m aware that’s not your ISP, but it also is a major backbone provider for other ISPs in your area so you may be going through the same place we’re looking at.)

I did repost new Win MRT but it’s been 19hours since I got a response.

It wasn’t until I saw the post by Zungar and all other post with the same packet loss on the same hop, some of which go back almost a month. That I started looking for more. Why is this one hop common among them all, shows packet loss, chalked up as a security check, but not causing the disconnects?

I literally watched my WinMTR go from 0 packet loss, to 1 high ping, to 2-3 lost on that hop as I disconnected while maintain a stable connection to everything else.

The fact that you’ve created multiple threads is actually what’s confusing this. Keep in mind that we do not have constant support over the forums. If you’re interested in one on one help in a faster manner than you’re receiving it, we have a support team for that, but we have limited scheduling on forums and there’s no guarantee that any thread will receive a reply.

I’m going to lock this thread so we can continue in your main thread, then. I’ll reply in the one you just linked in a moment. If you stop receiving replies over the forums, chances are it’s because our forum agents are either not currently scheduled to work on forums or because they are busy assisting other players. If it’s this impactful for you, you can contact our support team directly, and have a live chat if those channels are available.