Now Available: World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King®–A Pandemic System Board Game

Now Available: World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King®–A Pandemic System Board Game

Journey to the frozen continent of Azeroth to face the armies of the Lich King this fall when you purchase the World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King®–A Pandemic System Board Game.

View Full Article

14 Likes

This looks awesome. I am for sure pre-purchasing this!

:smiley:

2 Likes

Really? Making a game about a pandemic when we are in a pandemic??

25 Likes

The Pandemic board game (and associated releases) has been out since 2008. And you play the part of the scientists and medical staff fighting the pandemic.

17 Likes

Oh… Honey…

7 Likes

Wow…anything for a buck I guess.

43 Likes

Well I guess we know what is more important and its not the game state of affairs, smh.

5 Likes

Don’t buy it then? Let others who will enjoy it, you know… enjoy it.

5 Likes

I seriously doubt Blizzard worked on this themselves. They more than likely outsourced their IP to the people who make Pandemic.

4 Likes

I’m sure they took all of their main developers off of WoW and made a board game. You nailed it, brother.

22 Likes

External licenses like this are almost certainly handled by the same people who work on T-shirts and towels with J!nx (to give one example).

This isn’t taking time away from fixing that tree in Korthia with the invisible hump in it.

4 Likes

I’ll tell that to folks who lost loved ones to COVID

The idea seems pretty cold (pun intended)

4 Likes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandemic_(board_game)

Yes, Blizzard made a game (based on a board game that existed before the pandemic, mind you) to mock those who lost people to COVID.

5 Likes

Help me a bit with the phrasing here, Blizz…

Does this mean we… actually get to go to Northrend when we pre-purchase, or you can only play it if you pre-purchase? lol

4 Likes

No they redlined a existing board game about a pandemic while we are in a pandemic because likely it has to do with shadowlands lore…but either oblivious to the choice of game or because of it - either way it’s pretty brutal in my opinion.

1 Like

Sounds like a personal problem. This was most likely in the works before the pandemic even hit or close to when it did.

2 Likes

I can’t tell if this is an out of season April fools joke or not, a pandemic game seriously?

Really shouldn’t be making light of covid which many people have died to.

2 Likes

Will there be WoW Tokens so I can beat whoever I play with?

5 Likes

Guess you should also be writing to the people in charge of the Pandemic board game as well since they’re continued to sell their product through this pandemic.

Have you voiced your complaint to them as well, like you did on Blizz’s forums?

Walmart sells the board game too! Did you tell them how brutal they are being for selling this board game?

You mad at these other companies too? Or just Blizz?

8 Likes