Coming back after a long break (prot warrior question)

What’s the matter with prot warrior? I used to main one for a long time and now I see they’re ranked last? But why?

Prot warrior is hella fun. Don’t look at the rankings. You’re not pushing M+ 22 keys right? Then play what you like. Personally im enjoying all 3 warrior specs right now

3 Likes

Because every tank in the game, besides prot warrior, has some form of self-sustain. Now players have adopted that healers need to do more damage and if your healer can’t do damage then well there is not point to bring you. Not to mention the shuffling of the talents in BfA hurt prot so severely

1 Like

My Warrior does ~4.5k hps over a dungeon excluding blocks as necro lord.

My Dk does about 7.5-8.5k hps over a dungeon. They are 6 Ilvl s apart. Dk has its own aoe slow and ranged slows and Interupts.

Druid 4pc was stupid and shouldn’t have shipped how it did.

DH mobility and sustain are in a great place. Lots of control, including an aoe silence which is huge in some of these dungeons (spires).

Dunno about monk.

DH, monk, and Dk have have abilities to reposition mobs, which is huge for sanguine weeks.

1 Like

Prot warrior self sustain is in the gutter. Why fury and arms gain piercing howl but prot does not makes no sense as well.

With the lack of self sustain, the offset should’ve been mad DPS, but didn’t get that either.

2 Likes

Because Thunder Clap has a 30% slow attached to it which can be active 100% of the time as opposed to 70% with only 25% uptime.

That’s the trade off

Like others have mentioned, prot warrior is the most reliant on its team for support. The other 5 tanks can do a lot of “things” on their own.

Their tier set is kind of trash compared to the other tanks, too.

BUT if you absolutely want to play warrior and that’s it. You can, and you can succeed. All the tanks are in a good spot, but they’re not all #1 so someone has to be last (or least represented) and that’s warrior this expansion after a complete dominance in BFA.

Don’t be discouraged if you decide to play warrior, plka, deoww, tattman, reduron (i think) is still doing high keys as prot warrior with deoww leading the pack then tattman

1 Like

The damage on warrior scales pretty sharply too. I find I’m pretty much invincible below an 8 on warrior regardless of affixes, 9-12 feel good, and I get clapped in 13s this week (fortified raging). Whereas on DK I scale well when the damage profile is up. On dk I can solo the spires goliaths on 17+ fortified/raging on dk. Warrior would be wrecked.

Next week I should be able to blow up some 14/15s on warrior. Some affixes are just rough on the class.

1 Like

Prot also does the least damage overall…like 2-3k less compared to paladins, dh, dk…