Combo Point/Holy Power Bug

Randomly, during combat, I suddenly become unable to generate combo points or holy power. Not until combat is over do my combo points/holy power show up, but then it repeats itself for every encounter until I log out and back in. This happens on my feral druid, rogue, and ret pally. I have seen multiple posts about this around forums. It is not a UI issue as it still happens with every addon disabled. Is this going to be fixed soon? Cause I’m having to log out and in several times per hour now.

5 Likes

Happens to me, too. Currently on my rogue, in Hellfire Pennisula. I have no addons - haven’t used any in years. Also, turning in quests also don’t actually progress unless I log out and back in - I can accept a follow-up quest, but the questgiver’s exclamation mark doesn’t go away, and it doesn’t show up in my log.

2 Likes

Just had this happen on my ret paladin. No abilities generate holy power while in combat, upon exiting combat I have full holy power.

Also, when I mount the game treats me like I am on a mount, but my character just runs faster across the ground, or through the air, rather than appearing like I am riding a mount. Also, doing things that normally dismount a character, like using an ability to attack a mob, simply returns the message that I am mounted instead of dismounting me.

Logging out did not fix this issue, but zoning from Arathi Highlands back to Zuldazar does appear to have fixed it.

This is the second time this has happened to me, but it has been at least a couple weeks since it first happened. Cannot really tell what might be causing the issue as I spent about 15 minutes in Arathi fighting mobs before this issue started happening.

Can confirm the combo point issue on my Rogue. I first noticed it a couple of days ago but the CP would appear after several seconds delay or after exiting combat. It’s not just a UI issue because CP spenders won’t fire at all. Relogging has fixed it the 3-4 times it has happened in less than 1 hour played since I noticed.

Quest progress bars also not working when the CP issue appears. Doing the ‘absorb azerite from elementals’ WQ resulted in no progress until relogging, which caused 20% to be reflected on the bar.

That has happened to me one time so far. Hasn’t happened since. I had to relog to fix it. Wasn’t generating maelstrom.

All of this has been happening to my rogue as well - Can’t generate combo points until I kill the target, in which they all appear but I can’t use them in combat; Mounts won’t summon properly but instead make it look like my character is running faster and it won’t dismount for regular dismounting actions; exclamation mark doesn’t go away when accepting a quest.

The mount bug is liveable with, but the combo point bug makes combat a bore because I can’t use a lot of my abilities. Disabling addons didn’t help, reloading didn’t help. Pls find a solution for this bug, it is quite annoying and completely throws all combat rotation out of the window

I had a similar issue, rogue just wouldn’t generate combo points. I used the scan and repair tool in the launcher. It seemed to help. I haven’t had the combo point issue in over a week

Happens to me every night on my ret pally. Trying scan and repair.

Bump - happening to me, too. Is there a reason we aren’t getting replies to this? I’ve seen a few threads over a month now.

My rogue becomes 100% unplayable.

Bumping as well, this is happening to both my rogue and my ret. Same as above, cant use my combo point spenders or my holy power spenders until out of combat. also my mount doesnt show up either, but i go at mount speed. It happening more often it seems, at least twice a night. Even logging out and restarting bnet doesnt work

This is happening to my druid as well:

• combo points don’t generate in combat, but appear afterwards
  • when shapeshifting to a different form that form doesn’t appear on screen
  • can’t use the powers of the form I’ve shifted into, even though they appear on the bars as the game hasn’t recognised the form shift
  • when mouting the mount doesn’t show
  • can’t seem to drop combat after killing all enemies without using shadowmeld.

I’ve disabled all of the addons I run, the problem persists. At this point my druid is effectively unplayable.

This is a new problem as yesterday (Sunday 20th) everything was fine.

Just had it happen (again, had it a number of times), also coinciding with global chat channels being seemingly down, or at least I can’t seem to switch to them.

Chiming in that I’m having this problem too… Abilities all work fine, but I get my combo points a good 4-5 seconds after using them. It’s making my rogue impossible to play.

My connection is fine (80ish ms ping), all my abilities fire when they are supposed to, chat is fine… It is literally just gaining combo points that is all over the place.

The problem did go away but i’m now having the same issues as before. It does seem to be some sort of weird lag issue, but my home and world latency reads as 39ms and 56ms so it’s not showing up there. I can’t sell to traders, accept quests, use combo points (because they don’t appear) or see the mount i’ve chosen to use. Taking a flight to another flight master renders the mount i previously couldn’t see as the flight creature. Then when it lands my character is rendered on the mount, even though he’s on foot.
edit - I hearthed to boralus and everything works as normal - it’s an issue in Stormsong valley this time.

My rogue was stuck so badly with this issue that a GM had to delete the toon from the server and restore it to correct the issue.