Collectors Edition Pets

Sure. As soon as you provide the link where I said flying to a dungeon wasn’t a social experience.

Or…you can just admit you never actually read that.

Then the CE isn’t as special and rare as it was in vanilla.

Some things can’t be made “authentic”. Will you refuse to play Classic if they don’t give you a follow-along panda?

And you still have those rare and special pets in retail.

I won’t be happy about it.

Which is irrelevant because I want the “authentic experience” in Classic.

Explain to us all how guild banks would be the “authentic experience”.

Stop moving the goalposts.

Okay will you be happy if you have to go to Walmart and buy it for 80$ just like you did in 2003? If you get if for free that wouldn’t be ‘authentic’ because in 2003 nobody would be grandfathered into getting a free pet from the previous version of the game because it didn’t exist.

1 Like

To be clear, they are attempting to recreate the authentic Vanilla experience.

Not your Vanilla experience.

I’ve already said that I’d be OK with buying a new CE. I won’t be 100% happy about it, but I’ll get my CE pets.

How is simply pointing that you really do NOT want the “authentic experience” since you advocate guild banks moving the goalposts?

So what about the 100,000 people that bought the CE. You going to tell all 100,000 people that?

That’s another thread. Answer the question.

If I have to, sure. Maybe you could contact each of them and link my comment though. It applies to everyone equally.

They are not recreating your specific experiences, because that is impossible. They are rebuilding the world in all its glory. Otherwise you would be specifically restricted to only creating the characters you made before, only joining the guilds you joined before, being kicked out of said guilds the same way, only allowed to enter raids on the same days as you did etc.

Your personal experience is not what they’re recreating, any more than a museum recreates the personal experience of a caveman.

You claim in this thread that you want the “authentic experience” when you know that is not true since you also advocate guild banks.

That’s a different thread. And I’m surprised you’re making this statement since you advocated for QoL additions like flying and mogging.

Anyone that wants to do a simple forum search can see the truth that I have always opposed transmog and flying in Classic.

I don’t want flying, mogging, guild banks OR CE pets without purchase.

Does that work?

I think I win the “Authentic-Off”