[Collections] Auspicious Arborwyrm & Cypress

According to the official post for the mount it is not available in classic and the pet is not available in retail. The wording used is:

*Mount not available in World of Warcraft® Classic games
**Pet not available in modern World of Warcraft®.

I logged into Wrath classic and I have the Auspicious Arborwyrm there as a regular flying mount. I don’t think this is intended since the model is high-res compared to the rest of the game.

*This has since been fixed

However, In general I think this is a good time to bring up the topic all pets that are exclusive to Classic should also be obtainable in Retail someway even if the model is low-res. Examples of this would be Hoplet from the previous years 6-month sub pet Hopet and Glub. Also Cypress is a unique pet I’d like to be able to obtain to match the mount with. It doesn’t make sense to bring high-res models into classic but I think it would be acceptable to bring low-res models into retail.

7 Likes

This will be my favorite mount in Classic. Please don’t remove it.

1 Like

It has since been removed from classic: Auspicious Arborwyrm Massive GLITCH. IN CLASSIC - #12 by Bornakk

It seems there is an audience for the mount in classic so it may see a return

This is a touchy subject in the long run.

There are many people who think, want, believe that Blizzard will one day allow cross game transmogs, mounts, pets, old achievements, you name it. To be shared between Classic and Retail.

Many people play Classic in its entirety or parts within, specifically banking on this notion.

More to the point.
If Blizzard eventually allows all the pets to be cross game. Every promotional pet. Event or other that wasnt originally in the game.
To most, these pets for personal or collections oriented would never be obtainable. Is the plan to eventually reintroduce these pets (and mounts) at some point down the line?

That in itself is part of a huge debate and discussion regarding limited or gated content.

I don’t think cross game necessarily needs to be the option. Just award one copy for the Wrath/Cata collection and the same one for modern. No connection between them other than it’s the same pet.

And I think OP is specifically talking about the pets/mounts that’s been introduced in the “New Classic” versions of these expansions, not as a way to pass let’s say the Scarab mount to modern.

In the long term, I’m hopeful that these pets/mounts could be collected from other sources (such as the Trading Post) for those who can’t have a 6-month subscription.

PS. I’d also love to see the TBC/Wrath/Cata mounts/pets awarded to the modern collection as well.

1 Like

Yes, I just meant the new promotion pets that were not even in the original classic. Also the festering and nightmare emerald drakes as well.