[Collection] Collecting, the unreachable goal

As a collector, I know we can’t have everything in game at once, some things,
like the realm first achievements, scarab lord, etc. we don’t necessarily like it, but we understand that.

However that stuff is the vast minority of removed content,
A couple days ago I posted a thread (here) which Im turning into a list of removed content (broad categories not every item, quest and rep it would be to long)

Honestly, this list which while big, but not massive, probably accounts for atleast 80%+ of unobtainable content, and most of them, aren’t things that anyone has a problem with returning

Dataforazeroth fan site, has been a big motivator for me and a lot of others as well, (for those who don’t know, its a collection tracker combined with a collecting leaderboard)

but as of now, someone starting out on their collecting journey in WoW, often gets discouraged, not because of how much content there is. they get discouraged at the fact that, even if they were to collect everything possible for a new character to complete now, there are just some categories they can’t ever become a high ranker in, its just not possible.

Long story short, collectors are resigned to the occasional temporary feat of strength,
but it being completely impossible to compete for the high ranking spots, frustrates people

3 Likes