Coldspell BLZ51901016

I wonder just what happened to the real Blizzard tech support. I cannot log onto retail. I CAN log onto classic on both of my accounts. My wife is sitting next to me logged on to her account with no problem. I have rebooted modem, directly connected to my computer, did an uninstall and clean reinstall of WOW yesterday. I send all the files asked for in my ticket. Made sure no other programs were running, cleaned cache out, on clean install had no addons running. Did everything asked for and was told it was my computer. I built both of our computers, they are identical. So why is she logging on to retail and I cannot? I was playing daily with guildies Monday, now, I cannot log on, and being guild master means I was needed yesterday. Where are the real techs that can fix things??? And BTW, here is some of the specs on my system. I think it meets the min standards. I run an AMD FX 8350 8 core 4. processor, 24 gig ram, Win 10 64 bit. 500 gig SSD with 150 gigs available space. Cable modem with 300 gig download, and a G600 multi-button mouse. Think I can run wow on this? I have been up until Tuesday.

Welcome to the Technical Support forum for World of Warcraft. This forum exists to provide World of Warcraft customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. While Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 7am-8pm Pacific, 7 days a week), it is not meant as a place to resolve complex issues, because of the nature of forums. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues.

If you wish to contact our Support team directly, you may do so here:
Contact Blizzard Support - You can keep track of all your communication with Customer Support through your Battle.net account.

Yes, went down that road. Did all the above, got a reply telling me to do it again and then marked it as resolved. No, it was not resolved. Nothing was done. Tech support?? I have received better support from India or Pakistan. I wait at least 24 hours for a reply, get a “here do this and it will be resolved” message that does not resolve the problem, and no one addresses the real issue. I posted yesterday, and others posted also, nothing has changed. Am I frustrated, yes, I am trying to be as polite as I can but it seems no one really reads the full post or addresses the real issue, which is that there is a problem with Blizzard, not me. When my wife can connect on an identical computer right next to me, but I cannot?? I can connect to Classic, but not retail. WHY??

If a ticket is not actually resolved, you can add more data to the ticket and keep it going.

I don’t know what you’ve given them, but your posts in this forum have been useless for troubleshooting. No dxdiag reports, no winmtr reports, and just assertions that it can’t be on your end.

Is your computer actually identical to your wife’s? Hardware, software, windows version?
Connecting with the same network hardware?
Have you tried switching cords or locations?

There’s nothing to go on without that information.

I appreciate your trying to help. And if you are part of the Tech support team, I can repost all those files here for you. I have posted all those files to the tickets I have submitted. Yes, wife has identical computer. we both run the same software. We both have the same win version. When I upgrade mine, I upgrade hers. We are both on the same internet modem, with the same connection. I can get on classic, but not retail. I cannot log onto my Diablo III, it is a Blizzard retail side I cannot connect to. The only thing that was changed, I did have a started account from way back. I deleted it per the instructions. I do not know what else I can do. I have done absolutely everything that the “tech support” told me to do, including a clean reinstall of WOW on a different SSD hard drive. It seems that when I deleted the starter account, it directly affected my “retail” accounts. It is a blizzard server connection problem on Blizzard’s end.

Blizz official posters have the blue text. I’m not one of those.

If the machines are identical, have you tried logging into your account on retail on her machine?

Edit - you couldn’t get on classic without it recognizing you having a paid retail account, as that’s a requirement for classic.

Just lost my battlenet connection, and it is telling me that my password is no good. Hmmm.

Hey there Coldspell,

We are not currently aware of any server-side or otherwise ISP-related problems that would prevent you from connecting. The best option to narrow down what’s preventing you from connecting will be to try what Zungar has suggested – attempt to login to your account on your wife’s computer. If you are able to login to your account on your wife’s computer, this would confirm that the issue is isolated to your computer.

If you find that the problem is indeed isolated to your computer, I recommend creating a new administrator account, logging into it, and testing there.

If the login only works consistently on the new admin account, it means that the old Windows user account is broken or corrupted in some way. The easiest fix is to simply move your old files to the new admin account.

If you continue to get the error on the new admin account, please run a WinMTR network test so that we can further investigate the problem. This will allow us to see network-related issues such as packet loss or spikes in latency anywhere between your computer and our servers. Here are the instructions for the test. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. In the “Host” field, enter “us.actual.battle.net” (without quotes).
  3. Start the test and launch the game as normal. Ensure the error occurs while the winMTR tool is running.
  4. After recording data for about 5 minutes, click “export text” and save the winMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the winMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Thank you for a reply. I am not trolling, I am frustrated at not being able to log onto my retail account and yet can on my classic. Thank you, I am in the process of following all the things sent to me in an email from a tech person. Sadly, since political correctness seems to rule, my posts were removed for trolling. What a state we are in now.

Hopefully this helps you. If you have AVAST, make sure you go to the settings and allow apps, Battle Net, WOW, etc… I was struggling finding a solution all day and finally got a ticket answered by Blizzard… it did the trick! You may have to uninstall it completely, if adding the app does not work.

We have seen more reports of there being a conflict with avast lately, so if you haven’t tried Tyand’s advice, and you are still having trouble, I would recommend giving this a try.