Coffee advice (lol)

What else can I add in my coffee to give me a boost? I am always extremely sluggish and tired due to certain medical conditions and I was wondering if there were any good boosts to add to my coffee.

1 Like

A shot or two of espresso. Or take a strong Vitamin B tab.

9 Likes

I have absolutely no idea if it has any grounding in science, but back when I drank coffee I felt like switching to drinking it black woke me up more than when I put sugar and cream in it.

These days I’m one of those insane people who wake up and go without caffeine. I usually have tea without caffeine in it(or a very miniscule amount that makes basically no difference).

3 Likes

Maybe a little chocolate syrup?

2 Likes

Whatever you do, don’t (seriously, don’t) do the bulletproof coffee thing. It’s the typical millenial desire for a quick fix with unreliable results (at best) or dangerous ones - heart disease/cholestrol - at worst.

6 Likes

Deathwish coffee… no need for adding anything else.

4 Likes

Deahwish…coffee…?

2 Likes

Get yourself a pour over coffee maker, the best is Chemex but there’s plenty of cheaper alternatives and even ones that are for single cups of coffee. Then get good quality beans, I recommend single origin ones. Even though they are more expensive, it’s absolutely worth it. I can never go back to the taste of cheap coffee and it has way more caffeine in it, too, especially if you brew it with a pour over method.

https://i.gifer.com/zGl.gif

2 Likes

Freshness makes a big diff in my experience, e.g. freshly ground beans are much more potent than storebought ground stuff.

5 Likes

I didn’t start drinking coffee till a few weeks ago, let alone caffeine. I’m 32 years old. Drank a cup or two in the morning because it helped wake me up inside. (Evenesance song, sorry I couldn’t help).

After that couple weeks coffee does nothing for me. It sucks.

Pourover is my favorite way to make coffee, followed by French press.

2 Likes

yeah it’s super super strong. supposedly the strongest coffee known currently. (I debate that) but worth a shot?

Yeah do this. Ever since I started grinding my own beans it’s definitely made a a big difference. Also depends on the quality of the beans you’re getting too.

1 Like

I know the Death Wish brand says it has way more caffeine than most coffees. I drink coffee a LOT (probably more than I should, to be honest…) but Death Wish didn’t change much for me. Likely because I drink… WAY too much coffee as is and am probably immune to the caffeine boost lol.
If you haven’t tried it, might be worth a shot though. At the very least, it tastes great.

1 Like

Your “pour over” method is exactly how a traditional coffee maker works. Put grounds in paper filter, hot water gets poured over grounds, and percolates into the pot below.

5 Likes

That’s the problem with depending on Caffeine. You build up a tolerance to it.

1 Like

A lot of places have local roasters you can get super-freshly-roasted beans from too, great way to support a local business.

3 Likes

Coffee doesn’t do much for me personally, so… I guess I’m just gonna lurk here for a while.

I have an old school stove top percolator that I love. I can make that coffee as strong or weak as I like.

1 Like

Grass fed butter and MCT oil. There isn’t enough research to prove it wrong or right, but personally, I feel jacked up with this combo. Put it all in a blender and enjoy … just watch your butt :wink:

Avoid sugar.

2 Likes