Cobra Shot, Barbed Shot macro

Seems a bit more difficult than I anticipated. I wanted a simple castsequence macro that first fires Cobra Shot then Barbed Shot after i tap the keybind a second time.

But what makes this difficult is Barbed Shot is on a 10 second timer and it has 2 charges. And I have talents that make the timer randomly reset.

What’s happening is when the Barbed Shot cooldown timer is counting down, I can’t fire Cobra shot. Is there any way to set up a macro that fires Cobra shot when I tap the keybind a second time even if the Barbed Shot timer is not reset?

Nope. Use a modifier macro or something instead.

Best you can do with a castsequence is a 1s reset. That requires you don’t press the macro for 1s to have it reset back to the start.

1 Like

I’m no WoW macro pro… what about an option to create something along these lines:

/cast Barbed Shot
if Barbed Shot timer is active then
/cast Cobra Shot

Pins are your friend.

2 Likes

You only want to cast barbed shot when you need to; either when you capped on charges or to refresh the buff it puts on your pet.

you’re better off doing something like this:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod]barbed shot;cobra shot

Activate the macro while holding down the shift, ctrl or alt keys will cast barbed shot (provided the alt/ctrl/shift key isn’t part of a keybinding, those take precedence over the macro), otherwise it casts cobra shot

2 Likes