CMD key cannot be bound

Hi – I’ve just loaded up the prepatch on TBC CLASSIC and I find that CMD key cannot be bound anymore. It gives an error “Can’t bind mousewheel to actions with up and down states” when pressing the CMD button down when going to bind a key.

I’ve tried manually editing the bindings-cache.wtf file to both “CMD-1” and “CMD+1” and both times it does not work. Example below:

bind CMD+1 MULTIACTIONBAR3BUTTON1
bind CMD+2 MULTIACTIONBAR3BUTTON2
bind CMD-3 MULTIACTIONBAR3BUTTON3
bind CMD-4 MULTIACTIONBAR3BUTTON4

8 Likes

same here.

4 Likes

same, please fix.

2 Likes

Yes, please fix. Many years of muscle memory using the command key in bindings is not going to change overnight. Is there a work around or addon that fixes this?

2 Likes

Howdy!

This is a known issue our developers are attempting to resolved as quickly as possible. No ETA on when it will be fixed but they are fully aware of this issue and working on it.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update, this is driving me crazy. I’m basically half useless without these command hot-keys.

Any ETA on a fix?

You could use Karabiner-Elements to remap the Cmd key to Cntrl key (unless you are also already using the control keys).

Good suggestion. I’m currently swapping the global modifier key, good enough for now.