Closing Blizzard Account

Not really. I’ve had posts removed that broke no rules, and were never reversed.
I don’t even bother appealing anymore. What’s the point?

3 Likes

there’s usually one of two things going on here.

if the only action taken was a removed post, it’s usually because the entire thread was deleted.

if there was action taken, it could be because you’re unfamiliar with the rules, or tried to skirt around them.

not sure how this is relevant here.
the dude didn’t get their account banned for making a forum post.

Don’t care if anyone believes me or not, but on a different account - one that I deleted - I created a feel good how you doing thread and got a seven day ban. Maybe delete the thread and give a warning, but not seven days when I have never been warned or banned in the past. That’s why I deleted the account I was so pissed.

I believe the OP.

…of course after time, I came back with this account. :laughing:

3 Likes

nope I have had posts removed - the thread remained and no action was taken because guess what the post didn’t break any rules. They just didn’t like what I said and what it was reported for was totally ridiculous.

It’s unfortunately the truth, their system is really B&W when it comes to punishment. Just shut up and don’t talk about things you know can get you banned, even if any sane person would just shrug at a simple wth (except another letter).

Personally speaking if you have the language filter on, if people casually swear then it shouldn’t be reportable (And I’m sure some reports have been ignored when a CS just looks up the report and sees it’s casual talk). But I wouldn’t rely on human empathy when it’s someone’s job to punish you and keep the system the way the EULA is instructed to be.

Just how it is, unfortunately.

that would require that a human actually looks at the reports before a ban is given out… which is almost never the case with world of warcraft.

1 Like

I do think they view the posts, but they are human so maybe some of they are having a bad day so some of them unconsciously (or maybe consciously) take it out on the players by banning when they should be just deleting the post. :dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

Humans look at the evidence, that is a fact.

If the system was fully automated, these forums would be FILLED with people saying false bans. Instead, we see one or two a day, heck maybe one or two A WEEK.

I have seen people claim everything from bots can report you to blizzard having zero CS, its all AI. Its all fake news.

True, we’re all AI. You’re the only human left here.

:dracthyr_hehe_animated:

So why would they be monitoring twitter more than their own forums?

Because thats where the exposure is.

Have you checked wowhead???

what about wowhead?

That went over your head I guess. The auto-reply is always a suggestion to check wowhead. No one reads the first help request whether it’s in game or email, you always get an auto-reply after the first 12-24 hours

Sounds about right, now that they went with MORE automation not less and outsourcing.

You can’t post on the forums if you are, you didn’t think that one through.

1 Like

Man i love all the conspiracy theories people are making up here.

Entertainment :popcorn:

2 Likes