Cloaks should have been removed from drop tables

They took what seems to be the tried and true method of basic loot table pulls with just limited cutoffs. they aren’t alone here though.

Your fresh new say 300 ilevel char new to the WQ scene will not see 400+ gear drop.

it however is not refined to be more logical than that.

BGS does the same thing in their games. Fallout 4 in random loot pulls will seed odd items. Items like chems that did not exist pre war but you find in abundance in a sealed area that would not have them. its pre war, completely sealed…it not supposed to have this new stuff. but the loot tables were accessed and item spawned regardless.

now some more dedicated modders did fix this for BGS games. You run those mods and you will not get post war items in pre-war sealed facilities.

Legion had the advantage of the systems being created in advance.

This expac is a bunch of systems layered on top of each other without planning them out in advance. That’s why they don’t fit together neatly. Azerite armor was supposed to be THE system and when that imploded in a nuclear fireball they just started throwing stuff at the wall to see what stuck.

Like this cloak, it’s neat but is it a last patch kind of thing? Not really.

They do. Had an honorbound cloak today. The only cache we for sure won’t see cloaks are the raid ones from timewalking and the dungeon week.

Every other cache will get them I bet cause Blizz doesn’t test anything. They might say it’s removed but I bet we keep seeing them.

2 Likes

Welp have to give kudos that they hotfixed it so cloaks don’t drop from M+. It was pretty clear this was going to really hurt the game otherwise over time.

So what? You’re probably going to get 10-15 epics this week, who cares if a few of them are cloaks?
People still want them for transmog.

Basically…OP wants bad luck protection on cloaks…nah. It sucks but you just go on man…I’d rather them focus on Shadowlands then worry about tweaking existing loot tables for this fail patch.

Looks like they are or did remove cloaks from the M+ loot cache at the end of the dungeon now.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23277654

1 Like

I hope you get 5 necks of item level 445 this week… cuz that’d be fun, right?

But although I am amazed it made it live, they did fix it as it needed to be. You want to farm it for tmog, go for it on normal, you lost nothing.

Oh yeah? I have gotten necklaces when I was doing TW on alts for gear. Guess what I did? Shrugged and moved on. I didn’t complain on the forums wanting blizz to protect me from the bad side of RNG…like you have.

I was looking at my BiS on wowhead and apperently my BiS cloak isnt my legendary one but a drop from somewhere.

They hotfixed it. Complaints are how they improve. You obviously can see that I (and other gamer’s feedback) am responsible for making the game better. You’re welcome.

I don’t TW so it’s not something I would comment on. If you’re happy with it, then don’t complain… simple.

No complaining over stupid things are how actual complaints get ignored. When there are over a million of people complaining about stupid things like RNG not favoring them, then it drowns out the actual legit complaints.

Bliz hotfixed it. They totally would not if it had no merit. So you are just flat out wrong on the topic (it was legit, it was confirmed, it was fixed - you are trying to justify a totally lost position).

Like I already said, there was a reason necks didn’t drop from M+ and weapons didn’t drop in Legion M+. There was precedent and reason behind those decisions that was simply missed here… but now fixed.

Drops in end game content that cannot be used are not RNG, they are stupid. You already have RNG if you get a drop and RNG if you get a slot you want and RNG if you get the corruption you want… you don’t need another RNG that it’s something you could never use at all.

Your way - we should all get gear that is fully RNG so on your toon you get unusable cloth, leather and mail drops… maybe the ilevel should be RNG too so you could get a ilevel 134 from M15? Hurry, maybe Bliz will like it that over the course of 8 months the average player would get 2 pieces they could use… so much fun!

Stop leaning into RNG, it’s not a good system to begin with. They need currency systems.

Wow way to jump the shark into crazy when someone says that cloaks staying in an original loot table. You go straight to just have it give anything from the game. Yup complete nutter butters straw man attempt.

No, they really really do not. Currency system just lets you do chain heroic dungeons to buy gear to get just by in raids on normal. Happened in WotLK. All you had to do is run heoric until you hit the JP total you needed, buy the previous tier set, then go into raid. That isn’t fun. Is RNG Ideal? Nah but better than that.

This coming from someone that literally got the same exact ring 3 times on this guy. Did i make a post claiming they should make the pool bigger for tortollan emissaries?

Nope. Because knowing it is RNG i know theres a rqual chance i can get the same stuff. I do not feel entitled to getting daddy blizz to fix a loot system because it hasn’t worked out just for me. Chance is chance, and guess what, everything is chance in life…it works out and then it doesn’t…

Had to just showcase how silly it was to allow end-game progression drops of gear you 100% could not use for progression. That was broken, they missed it (somehow), but they agreed and fixed it.

Aka I was right, you can choose to see it or not.

Ok boomer…

Not quite that old. Likely much older and more experienced than you, that’s true.