Cloak for SL?

I’m excited for SL but I quit playing for now because the cloak system is terrible. If I wait until Shadowands comes out to play and my cloak is only level four or five, will it still have negative effects on me? If so then what should I do?

If they follow the legion artefact route the cloak will only be useful for a few levels before it stops being special. If you have no intention to play BFA any more then not having the cloak in SL won’t hinder you much if at all.

1 Like

Ok that’s good to hear. I was in the hospital for almost all of Legion so I’m not too familiar with how it’s going to work.

I have many 120 alts with no cloaks, and they won’t be hindered when Shadowlands launches. Most of your gear gets replaced within a couple levels. The BFA cloak may be worse than a SL early quest green/blue cloak.

The blue BFA weapons they give you at 110 at the start of BFA, are better than the Legion top of the line fully upgraded artifact weapons.

That said, the Legion legendary armor you can equip in two slots are good until level 115, but one cloak won’t make a noticeable difference.

1 Like

With Shadowlands leveling, it will be choose your path: 1-10 starting area, 10-50 expansion zones of your choosing, 50-60 Shadowlands. Once you get to 50 and head off to new content they’re going to have to make sure someone who leveled through BC zones is at comparable gear to someone who leveled through WoD or BFA. The cloak won’t matter.

1 Like

The biggest potential snag is if you have a ton of gear with corruption on it. That’s ultimately only a problem for characters that never got the cloak at all and didn’t unlock the ability to cleanse gear. (Spending 10 minutes doing a mini-vision gets you enough mementos to cleanse 10 pieces of gear.) They often have some catch up gear as part of the pre-expansion event, and hopefully they will be smart about it and keep any such gear corruption-free. (That would be consistent with the BfA pre-patch which included regular weapon drops for people who didn’t get an Artifact weapon leveled up.)

There won’t be corruption on gear that you get leveling in Shadowlands, so it’s really only an issue for gear you collect before you start leveling again.

1 Like