Cleansed Items Cannot Be Re-Corrupted?

JMO I think the fact that they mentioned they’re looking into it means it’s likely there will be a fix later on.

1 Like

What that particular part of the post says:

In addition to any unlocked Essences, MOTHER will now also offer several new Preserved Contaminants, which allow for a specific Corruption effect (and the associated Corruption penalty) to be applied to a selected item. The inventory of available Preserved Contaminants will change twice each week, mirroring the Assault cadence, and will cycle through all available Corruption effects at various levels of potency.

You can use a Preserved Contaminant to apply the Corruption you purchased to any uncorrupted item that can be Corrupted, much like an enchant.

The last para seems to indicate that it must be applied to an “uncorrupted” item - ie, an item currently without a Corruption effect.

2 Likes

If your gear was corrupted and you cleansed it, you won’t be able to corrupt it again.

If your gear was not corrupted in the first place, you’ll be able to corrupt it with a preserved contaminant.

2 Likes

They need to fix this. It should never have been implemented until they did it right.

1 Like

But you can’t do that unfortunately. Once you cleanse a corrupted item you can not re-corrupt it.

1 Like

Later on it says:

It depends on how they coded it. If they re-used an old system and just gave it updated tool-tips they may not be able to change it without patching all those items over. Like the reason you can’t add a gouged eye socket to an already socketed item – the code that sockets the item shares the same ID space as the gouged eye would add.

If Blizzard made the code for corruptions completely new for 8.3, then they should be able to find a way to re-corrupt items that have been flagged as cleansed.

They really should hire back the Department of Unforseen Consequences.

coding may not support this currently.

So it sounds like this whole vendor thing will be less useful than it might be if people have no uncorrupted gear to use.

Also at issue is whether or not you can overwrite a corruption with a different one. The wording of the post would seem to say no to this, which sucks. Yeah Blizzard is looking into it, but not being able to even overwrite a current corruption is going to cause headaches for people. Who knows if/when a fix will be available…

Also the rush to go and restore vendored/deleted items is going to be epic as a result of this “bug”. Typical Blizzard…don’t listen to players, design a fail system, and then require multiple iterations to get it right. Maybe by the SL pre-patch this will all finally be sorted out /shrug

You could be right, grasshopper. I’m not very techny but it seems logical. If they could let cleansed items be corrupted they probably would, as it isn’t any real big deal, gamewise.

Titanforging was working just fine, but they listened to players and removed it. Congratulations.

1 Like

I’m assuming he’s referring to getting those items soon after attaining level 120…when every piece of gear is a serious upgrade…but the character either doesn’t have Wrathion’s cloak yet, or has only just acquired it. A nice item with a great ability could have 35 corruption on it, and be way too much to handle until the cloak gets ranked up. They can’t just jump right into full vision clears with a 400 gear level.

Personally, I think the OP is worrying too much about lost corruption abilities. It doesn’t take that much effort to get a good replacement later, after the cloak is ranked up.

I mean… complaining about this?

it’s obvious they did this in order to prevent people from buying non corrupted boe’s and then sell with a R3 meta. it falls victim whenever you have it soulbound or not…

common sense folks… use it.

well no, because you get to start farming the currency while you wait for a vanilla high-level item to corrupt. since you only wear a few corruption pieces, any ring or offhand or other small piece would technically do.

You may not have been capable of handling it at the present time, but it was still enough of an upgrade to warrant equipping, corruption or not, and cleaned it as such.
Then if you pushed your cloak corruption high enough, it could’ve become a non-issue.

1 Like

I mean I think it’s a technical issue, hopefully they’ll have it sorted.

Most of my gear was corrupted but hey M+s aren’t too bad at giving gear so might corrupt some of that.

Do mythic raid you should be able to beat at least the first 3 bosses in group finder very easily. All that place drops is tons of 475’s with no corruption.

But if you get a non-corrupted BoE and then add a corruption yourself and sell it, that’s okay?

If we’re guiding by this then the cap would be 465, since “corrupted” items you would get from you weekly chest would be 475 cleansing them is basically game over if the system stays this way.

This is kinda mostly a buff towards mythic raiders looks like that can get normal non corrupted 475 sometimes.