Classic wow was a failure

Yes. You should def go play retail.

Those dev’s went to school, wrote the resume, waiting for the call, and hoped they would get into the multi-billion dollar company just to leave 'cause some players didn’t know what PvP was going to be like?
Those dev’s aren’t leaving unless they’re fired or laid off.

Why would they hit the job market anyways?..
Blizz is making more money than you can wrap your head around every single month.

Makeup companies have to come up with new pallets and spend money on shipping, product, employees, storage space, etc. They still make tons of profit and it’s why they drain women’s pockets everywhere.

Blizzard just re-released a 15 year old game with little work put back into it, and go reflooded with sub’s that will pay them each and every month, on top of retail, on top of the other several games the company runs and owns.

They aren’t worried about their money, nor are their investors.

Never going to happen. :sunglasses:

Classic requires very little development. Retail is a total fail and Shadowlands is still hot garbage and no body is gonna play that game. (not enough to sustain the dev costs surely)

Classic is bleeding subs cause of the mismanagement of the #nochanges by the dev team.

There were tons of posts and complaints about the pop caps and layers BEFORE launch. Blizzard chose to ignore those.

The issue of faction balance was already solved with faction character creation caps on many many private servers. Why did Blizzard chose to not implement this?

The devs want the game to fail… in hopes we all realize we didn’t really want Classic all along… what we really want is Shadowlands (LOL)

I wouldn’t mind if Blizzard fires 99% of their staff and kept only Classic alive with a skeleton crew. It is of no concern to me.

:yum:

This doesn’t exist…

There’s been so many changes I can’t even record them all. But he’s a few.

Makes sense from a company with investors demanding new sub’s… They totally want to lose sub’s instead, makes sense.

Doubt they care to this level.

They told us we didn’t want classic because they didn’t have all of the information from their original game 15 years ago, and didn’t think it was worth it to create the servers and actually do the work.
They’ve admitted they were wrong and that classic was a success for them, why would the want it to fail?

Since Classic has over 10X as many players at launch as vanilla did they can lose quite alot of players to have the same playerbase. If you expect that the exact same thing as 2004 you are crazy. if you believe that losing some players when you have 0 idea how many sub numbers there are then you need a head shake as you have 0 data to go on for any of this information. You can say forums but if you use the wayback machine there was just as many complaints if you look at how many relative people visited the forums. More people = more complaints, and more people now know about the forums than people knew about vanilla forums lol.

How long do you really think classic will last (at current player/subscription levels) if (1) retail fails and (2) there is no new content for Classic once phase 6 comes out?

All MMOs die, and the ones without new content die faster. Private servers with a few thousand players isn’t enough for a community for a vibrant MMO, from the perspective of a company as big as Blizzard.

I’m personally not concerned with this limitation. I don’t care if 90% of the people leave as long as their is one realms worth of consistent players and everyone merges to that remaining realm.

If that means Blizzard is going to shut down the whole thing despite requiring little to not maintenance then that is a bit disappointing and not why I’m here.

Despite that I still see Classic with no new content lasting for many years with high population realms.

Blizzard is. If maintaining classic no longer seems to make them money, they will stop.

Every MMO dies, sooner or later.

Unlikely; on some very high pop servers people log on to raid then peace out, already. It won’t take long into phase 6 for them to be back at that point. Sooner or later everything will be on farm and there will be thousands of 60’s fully kitted out. No new content means nothing to do, other than perhaps battlegrounds - but there is more interesting pvp available elsewhere.

What you mean to say is that everything ends. Even humanity will be extinct one day. This goes for literally everything. All you can do is add some content and postpone the inevitable.

I mean, there’s twinking too. Also the community is a huge reason allot of people still play retail even though they don’t actually enjoy it. Community itself can hold a game together.

whoa… lets calm down a bit… you lvl’d to 60 and you’re still playing… its clearly not a failure.

1 Like

What happens to server communities when merges happen?

Games persist so long as they are profitable and enhance a company’s image - Blizzard isn’t likely to let classic lag on with a few thousand customers if retail has truly been EOL’d.

Classic will probably be EOL’d before retail, though. Best case is fresh servers, but that will piss off a lot of people with 60’s that want new content.

Retail is already a dead product imho unless there is overwhelming support for Shadowlands (which there won’t be obviously) The only way Shadowlands will succeed is if Classic fails and Blizz is able to convert all you sheeple into playing Shadowlands. Which I am starting to wonder is possible given how hard the Horde is shilling for Blizzard regarding their terrible population cap /faction cap decisions. The Horde seem to like over-saturated servers with massive faction imbalances. Who knew?

Wharrgarbl-like words detected, disengaging from further conversation.

You are a level 70 Shaman. I was never conversing with you anyways. Stay on retail.

leave the game, no one will miss a whiner

I’ve already posted I don’t want merges. I prefer to know the top names on my server, and actually have community.

Mergers are a likely outcome without new content, though. That’s just the way these things go.

That must be why you quoted me.

We’re still at the start of this version of WoW. I’d prefer they go a classic+ route. Have the team actually work on the game later on rather than jumping into retail.

Though I wouldn’t mind BC later on. I actually preferred the expansion over vanilla, however I always liked vanilla as well. But it’s not really a choice were I given both options.