Classic WoW: How will you roleplay?

RP as a crazed Doomsayer who prophesies the events of the expansions.

2 Likes

I have no idea what I’ll do, myself. I might RP in Classic? I’m not sure. It might be nice to get into the world of Warcraft of the old days before some of the most disappointing story beats happened. ._.

I’d probably just make an AU Night Elven Ariiah because I’m a lazy. Have her be a Sentinel turned adventurer? I dunno…

Feels weird tro think about without transmog and everything else in game. All those wonderful conveniences…

1 Like

This is my big fear.

Tbh, mechanically, I like the game where it is. I’m a lazy person whose main endgame is RP these days. I like my transmog. I like my new models. I like my fast mounts and my flying. I like my account-wide mounts, pets, toys etc.

Thus I don’t think classic will ever be my focus. I get that it was once like an amazing time for many players, and I’m so happy they’ll be able to go back and enjoy the game the way they like it. It’s awesome that Blizz listened to the fans (eventually) and brought Classic back.

But I personally am very, very glad that the game gained some of the conveniences it did. I like them. They are my comfy armchair, and I don’t want to trade them for a makeshift wooden stool. :stuck_out_tongue: Classic simply doesn’t sound fun to me, gameplay wise.

5 Likes

Axiann was living under the Dalaran dome at that time, so … no RP for him. haha.

2 Likes

I’m in the same position with the vast majority of my toons. While I guess Sarestha’s not shut off, she was a Scarlet Crusader in Tyr’s Hand. I can see her being friendly to… nobody. xD

1 Like

Going to roll my original vanilla RP character (troll hunter) and just have fun with that :slight_smile: To be honest, I’ve not had much fun RPing since WOTLK so I won’t miss “live RP” very much–the theme just doesn’t do it for me and finding a guild that isn’t racially-based or military/merc is almost impossible.

3 Likes

looks at class/race combo

Probably gonna reroll myself over on Classic, but as a warrior. OOC I can tank and such, and IC I can just fudge it. She’s always been a Sunwalker and was raised as such, just worried about it being a hard sell/people seeing it as meta in the Classic world.

2 Likes

I think it’d be fine to be honest. We know a lot more with hindsight these days.

2 Likes

My legit answer is that I plan on RPing my old old oooooold night elf hunter. And probably my Forsaken, which I rolled as both a shadow priest and a warlock at different points.

I made him because I liked Richard from LookingForGroup when I was 10.

3 Likes

Figure it out when I get there. Either way, it’ll be nice to deal with simpler times, when the world isn’t literally ending every couple minutes, lol.

1 Like

I’m gonna go back to how it all was when I first started playing.

This means a Night Elf Druid. This’ll be good. I’ve been holding off making a Night Elf just for this whole Classic thing.

Maybe, if things work out, I can bring him over to current and get him up to speed with everything.

I probably won’t RP in Classic, but if I end up getting really attached to the new mage, I might. :slight_smile:

There’s also the fact I’d be RPing in an Azeroth without Draenei in it.

I’m not sure I could do it. Oh and then there’s the Blood Elves, the Goblins, the Pandas…and the Allied Races… and the continents…

1 Like

I made Helena in Vanilla and so I am beyond excited to go back and relive her story, a 17 year old who has been tasked with continuing her magical studies in the field.

My main goal with Classic is to do the old quests again and try to glean as much lore as possible from them.

1 Like