Classic WoW =/= 07 Runescape

So your fine telling those who want bc to screw off. I’m not.

1 Like

I guess that response means that your out of actual points to make.

No i just disagree. Lots of people have been asking about classic B.C. clearly there is a desire for it.

1 Like

And I’m saying that Blizzard is not running a charity. There has to be a reasonable expectation of profit before they start a project. That’s why it took them YEARS and extensive Nostalrius activity logs to be convinced that Classic was a worthwhile venture.

It’s worthwhile because the Classic playerbase is completely different from retail. Probably 60-70% of players who play Classic will be new subs.

A Classic TBC server will not bring in that kind of additional revenue because the vast majority of potential Classic TBC players, like me, will already be subbed and playing Vanilla.

There’s no profit in a Classic TBC server, so I would be shocked if it ever happens.

That’s not telling people to screw off. That’s explaining basic economics to people who are apparently so self-entitled that they think a corporation should spend years and millions of dollars to make a video game for them just because…

1 Like

First of all what makes you so positive that all those who want burning crusade are coming back for vanilla?

Do you have a legit source or are you just going by your gut opinion?

I want a real legit source and not just your opinion.

1 Like

There are no legit sources. There are a lot of people, like me, whose favorite expansion was TBC and will be coming back for Vanilla. The overlap between Vanilla and TBC players is very great, obviously. Do you need a source for that?

So even if I stop playing Classic Vanilla and start playing Classic TBC, that’s literally $0 of additional revenue for Blizzard.

1 Like

obviously there was a lot of overlap. also though, based on what i’ve read on the forums, there are a lot of people who want burning crusade, but don’t want vanilla.
just because you have an opinion though does not make it fact.
you cannot sit there and say that there are two few people who want just Burning Crusade. so without a source to back up your argument you are just projecting your opinion.

1 Like

And exactly where is your source that there is sound huge groundswell of players who want Classic TBC but will also not be playing Classic Vanilla?

I’m arguing there’s considerable overlap in the two groups, which is the obvious point based on history. You are arguing that there’s not, which is non-intuitive. After all, you literally concede my point in your post!

You have to demonstrate that this group of players exists if you want a corporation to create and support a new game to serve them.

obviously there is going to be overlap. heck theres overlap between retail and classic.

you are arguing that there is considerable overlap without giving a single source.

my point is that your ENTIRE ARGUMENT IS BASED ENTIRELY ON SUBJECTIVE OPINION.
and i don’t consider that valid considering you are projecting your opinion as a fact.
it is not a fact at all.

i am arguing there is overlap. but heck there is overlap between retail and classic too.
but you cannot sit there and tell me that absolutely everyone who wants bc is coming back for classic.

you have yet to demonstrate ANYTHING BACKING UP YOUR OPINION AT ALL.
this is hilarious.

you should look around these forums if you want proof - just look at all the threads asking for BC and Wrath servers as well.
but it’s funny that you’re asking me to provide proof when you offer none yourself.

1 Like

well. they already have all the art for the expanded area’s too. Everything was “finished” just no filled in or accessible - so more like just need to open the pathway there, fill it with mobs and call it good!

1 Like

I suspect that all of the TBC dungeons and raids have been streamlined, but I wouldn’t know for sure.

Thank you for explaining what I was getting at in an elegant manner. haha =)

doesn’t matter.

Blizzard does not want to develop two mmos. that is the end all be all of it.

furthermore he has no proof to back up his claim at all.

1 Like

Not trying to be rude here, but I think the point is rather straight forward and common sense.

no. you’re basing it purely on your subjective view and not facts.
show me facts that support no one wants to play burning crusade.
either way you’re not going to get your OSRS or new content. Blizzard has already spoken on that.

1 Like

I don’t know about everyone else, but I’m rolling on an RP server so “additional content” isn’t an issue cos roleplayers will make their own via RP.

TL;DR: I’ll just keep playing Classic.

I still think it is a possibility. Maybe release something called the “unfinished content”. That is put the things that were planned to be originally but scraped as post Naxx content. The files on the Emerald Dream and Mount Hyjal for example or what ever they planned on doing with Outland during Vanilla. They said they would not do any content past vanilla which is vague arguably. They also said they would never do Classic like back in 2010 but here we are. Give Classic Three years and we forsure well know if we are getting TBC or expanded Classic content. I enjoyed TBC thoroughly if they do release it I will play and enjoy it and I would also love to see new content in level 60 format past naxx.

2 Likes

I would much rather see all the unfinished content brought to life in vanilla (zones, dungeons, raids, whatever was originally planned but stopped for whatever reasons) than to have it expand to tbc and wrath, etc

2 Likes

Not a fan of flying but TBC is my favorite version of the game, vanilla being second. I hope TBC servers come, that will be the place I play WoW till I die. If not, I’ll settle with vanilla.

As for adding “new” content to vanilla. It could be okay, but I’d prefer seasons and rerolling fresh every 2 years or so with the option of a non wipe server you can transfer your character to at the end of a season.

well according to blizzard they have no interest in developing two mmos at once.

1 Like