Classic was supposed to be a walk through our childhoods

Instead, it started with subtle and small changes in Classic, then more changes in TBC and now, some pretty hefty changes are being discussed for Wrath. Everyday I come here and I see more posts, asking for a change of some sort. Be it racials, small class changes or allowing certain classes to use Shadowmourne that originally could not.

STOP

Just stop it. They seem open to the idea of a Classic + going forward, that is where changes should be. The original Classic, TBC and Wrath including any more expansions they decide to bring into Classic should remain pure and true to their original.

This should not be a mission to improve the games we played. It never should have been that. I love the idea of Classic +, I love the idea of improvements on the older games. There is a place for that, just not in the first cycle through classic.

Please stop before you and the developers damage the classic cycle any further.

35 Likes

True true.

1 Like

I’m seriously surprised to see the no changers make their triumphant return to wrath. I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess you never played classic 2019 or TBC, because if you had, you’d have seen all the stupid stuff that was happening due to a lack of changes on blizzards part.

No changers mostly died out during classic 2019 and many later admitted changes were necessary or quit the game entirely.

But if you really want to play world of boost/bot/gdkp/multiboxer/break the game as much as possible craft, by all means, insist upon no changes.

It’s a good thing blizzard stop listening to players like you who don’t even play the game or know what they’re talking about. You’l be among the first to cry during wrath that other players are ruining the game and beg blizzard to make changes.

1 Like

This. So much this. Just give us an authentic recreation the first time. After that, start with the Classic+ (though I think it’s fair to have 1 pve and 1pvp eternal authentic server).

What is so hard about that?

One of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read here. The Dungeon Finder tool directly addresses these issues, and Blizz is removing it. You could not be more wrong.

5 Likes

Classic Era is supposed to be a version of the game that doesn’t go down retail’s path of expansions. That’s it. It’s not some untouchable museum piece and it can freely develop new features/content with that sole stipulation. So far it is doing exactly what it’s supposed to and I’m having a ball. People that have never played any version WoW before play Era as well. It isn’t some #NoChanges safety bunker, but rather a place for those that actually enjoy playing videogames to hang out and explore.

2 Likes

I want RDF as much as the next person but to think it will solve boosting/boting/gdkp/multiboxing is silly at best. I don’t think you actually believe that.

Best way to get rid of boosting is to make lvling outside dungeons as viable as boosting, whether increasing quest rewards, making meta quests that give maasive xp rewards for completing certain activities, or some other thing.

GDKP will always be here with master loot, and if its not GDKP its paying for boost runs with all the same class, or making personal loot with no trading like retail, no one wants that.

Bots and multiboxing will always be here unless blizz hires a dedicated staff for it, which we all know they never will.

It is confusing. From my armchair, the whole classic thing came out of a bunch of folk who were playing on illegal servers and had been playing the original like a religion.

I wonder how those stalwarts feel about adding expansions and changes. Remember the Black Temple (I think) race to world first and method was involved and those original bravos blew the whole thing up in no time. They owned classic with the benefits of all the modern day simming; mildy hypocritical but that is okay.

Current Dev’s think they know better that everyone else including the original designers, but the truth is if they did or we’d not need any classic and retail would have not pushed so many away.

5 Likes

Of course it does. Boosting and gdkp anyway, which in turn hurts bots, since players are less reliant on having to buy gold to pay for these services. You need to understand what’s going on destroys legitimate dungeon runs. The average player simply doesn’t want to deal with the nightmare that is the lfg channel, which is almost entirely boosting and gdkp runs. Dungeon Finder lets players simply queue up and do some dungeons.

And if you’re in a guild and want to do dungeons with guildies or friends…you can still do that. Form your party and then queue up. Or use dungeon finder to fill it out if there’s not enough to create a full party.

The accessibility is monumental. People don’t have to resort to that boosting crap if they have another option.

3 Likes

OMG!

Did Blizzard destroy your childhood?

I am so sorry, subby.

Would a hug help, friend?

RDF doesn’t do anything to solve those issues whatsoever.

GDKPs are raid related, and they have always existed.

Boosting services have also always existed. RDF won’t plop you into a dungeon with a level 80 mage to AoE spam clear the entire place, it will have you form a normal group of people. The reason boosting is so popular is because people are able to quickly gain a load of experience. RDF doesn’t solve that at all.

False. The reason they’re popular is because it’s the only option.

And it feeds the bot service since players need to buy gold to pay for boosts. Which in turn feeds Blizzard’s 58 (soon to be 70) boost sales, since bots buy those to have ready-made farming machines. The actual average player who just wants to have fun playing a game, and do dungeons the ‘normal way’…just quits. That’s the point. They see the endless elitist gatekeeping and boosting in the lfg channel and realize very quickly they want nothing to do with that. So off they go. Therefore obviously the majority of people who still remain like this system and partake in it. But Blizz has lost a vast wave of players because of it. Dungeon Finder would have brought those players back, but alas…Blizz would rather cater to the boosters.

It’s a horrible cycle Blizzard has created. Would Dungeon Finder completely eliminate it? Of course not. But it would take a huge bite out of it and give the majority of players access to dungeon content without having to pay gold and/or already be so geared that the elitist gatekeepers let them join their groups.

Removing it is bad for the game and will cause Wrath Classic to lose a ton of players. You can argue the first part (you’d be wrong, but you can try), however the second is a literal fact. Wrath won’t be nearly as popular without Dungeon Finder as it would be with it. And whatever abomination 2022 Blizzard comes up with to ‘replace’ the tool is going to be a failure.

4 Likes

Instead of just logging in, chilling and doing what not for rememberance. Blizzard wants you to jump thru hoops and whatnot.

Blizzard : Get sweaty you nerds!!
Blizzard 2: Hot!

2 Likes

I would agree with that notion. RDF would reduce GDKP and boosting, but definitely not eliminate it.

1 Like

I’ve honestly no idea why you suggest that boosting is the only option.

Are you referring to leveling up? It’s not the only option, you can simply just quest to get to level 70 if you’d like. The reason why people boost at the end of the day is because it’s just faster. I don’t know what to tell you. I used to farm ZG trash in Classic on my mage, and I’d get whispers from tons of level 55s-59s asking if they could come sit in my raid while I did so purely for the EXP. I never even charged them for it, I would just let them in and continue my farming.

I was actively SOUGHT OUT to be a booster when I wasn’t even trying to profit from boosting. By my estimation, I missed out on probably close to 50k gold by letting people in for free. If they just wanted to run dungeons normally, why was I constantly being bombarded by people asking if I could boost them through ZG?

I also don’t know what elitist gatekeepers you’re referring to though. If you’re saying that it’s impossible for a fresh level 70 to find a group, then I can empathize with that. I didn’t have that issue as I finished dungeon content a LONG time ago, but I can see how it could be frustrating for somebody coming in mid way to not be able to find a dungeon. RDF isn’t the solution to this issue. They basically removed it from the game in Retail at this point with Mythic dungeons not even being something you can queue for.

I’m going to let you in on a little secret. You cannot go back to your childhood because you lost the very things that made you a child as you grew up.

Maybe next lifetime.

1 Like

…Replaced with WoWhead/IcyVein guides, Sim sites, and class discussion Discord channels.

No one just plays videogames anymore. ‘The Adult’ has literally turned something that was made for unwinding into another Job.

…this class…this spec…this weapon…this gear…this loadout…this vehicle…this hero; best for …this map…this instance…this counter; based on …this guide …this meta.

3 Likes

Nailed it.

1 Like

we should go back to the good ol days of no airbags, no seatbelts, heavy cars that cant stop quickly… people getting decapitated was the best, changes are bad ummkayyy.

lmao
everybody hyperbole

1 Like