Classic was great, BC was better

You couldn’t lock your experience. If you did anything designed for level 60s, you would inevitably level past 60.

I would agree. It was still mostly vanilla, but with better classes.

Small caveat, the end of TBC was when Blizz started to jump the shark with LFD and badge gear… but up to then it was great.

I’m not entirely sure whether you were offended what LFD mechanics did exist in BC (I didn’t think they were newly added in late-BC) or you mean the dungeon queue, so just in case, I’ll mention that the dungeon queue was mid-Wrath of the Lich King.

1 Like

LFD and LFG are two very different things. LFG was great. It provided a listing of every person/group looking and you chatted with thise people before inviting.

LFD is auto join, auto teleport.

Two VERY different things

And even at the time badge gear was viewed as a good thing and it really is, makes you less susceptible to bad rng.

3 Likes

Get rid of flying, and sure. The positives of TBC (assuming you take flying out of the equation) outweigh the negatives imo.

Then again, you’d have to talk to someone else about what stuff they’d have to prune regarding PvP to make it playable. I only rarely PvPed.

Agreed that BC was the best xpac !
pvp was not perfect but it was balanced enough !
and pve was good too, not perfect, sure stack lock / rogue, but how different is that from today? lol

1 Like

BC made terribad specs mediocre like Ret so you could actually play them and not hate your life as much. I’m excited to play one if it ever gets released after Classic’s success.

Totally agree paladins were best left alliance only and shamans horde.

And I didn’t like adding blood elves to horde since before that elves were alliance only.

3 Likes

Classic was 60 levels. It stands apart from all the other expansions.

2 Likes

I agree. Flying was awesome and Magtheridon was the only boss I ever wanted. I’d totally go for a BC server.

Unfortunately, I signed a petition for a classic server. As long as they have a classic server, I will not play a BC server.

If they still don’t have wall hopping and if they still have the social justice reporting feature, I will not play either.

As an avid world pvper back then, other than the flying mounts I’d have to agree.

What a strange line that would cause you to not play a game people have been asking for, for the last 12 years.

1 Like

The LFD you are referring to in BC was terrible and was almost never used. But, I will agree with you on the badge gear… when kara heros could get black temple equivelant gear and instantly jump into hyjal or full clear t5 content when they were failing before it sort of gave me a bad feeling that they would expand on this…

I take it you weren’t awake for the fiasco following its implementation. Besides, people get riled up over really silly things and that’s very immersion-breaking for me.

On a very basic level, barrens chat won’t be a thing.

They even removed the forum downvoting feature because it wasn’t being used for its intended purpose. Social justice tools are dangerous in the hands of the general pubic.

I can understand their perspective of the matter of cost. They can’t pay people to handle petty disputes when they can’t even pay their developers enough to live decently (given the location with absurd living costs). It makes perfect sense to go with some system vs. no system, but at the same time, I still don’t like it and it’s part of a deal-breaker for me.

Maybe I am being unreasonable, but this unreasonable fool doesn’t want to buy it.

1 Like

You do know reporting was available in vanilla right? And did the exact same thing as what you are talking about.

I’m just grateful I don’t think like you to ruin all my fun I have been waiting for this long just because they made a right click report feature.

1 Like

Of course. I’m fine with that. This is very different because 1) one reasonable person can sort out public stupidity (or a malicious/toxic guild) and 2) punishments now increase per instance.

I know that you know this, so I’m not sure why I bothered to explain it. Just trust me that I don’t find it acceptable. I know that I’m one small voice among many who look forward to it and I’m not looking forward to the failure of classic. I hope it does well. I just don’t want it.

TBC would be cool, good argument though. I personally like classic more.

Honestly, I liked badge gear, though I think it should have been limited to t4 level gear, it kept people doing dungeons and doing Kara after they no longer needed gear from there. That was a big problem I don’t miss from Vanilla. Because of the way tanking worked for warriors in vanilla, most geared level 60 tanks wouldn’t touch dungeons because it was a freaking nightmare to try to tank when mobs don’t damage you, but your damage output is still so low that you don’t really damage them.

Hopefully Classic will be progressive, I’d love to play TBC/Wrath again.

There’s people that want to stay in Vanilla though, and the original goal was Vanilla. So the chances of it happening feel pretty slim

Hopefully Classic will not “be progressive” and the original servers will stick around fixed at patch 1.12.

Hopefully Blizzard will also, separately, add BC and WotLK servers.

1 Like