Classic VS TBC

Why do think that?

Probably because Horde will have a pretty race finally, instead of just ugly ones.

everyone is forgetting about warrior druid arena uh

Does link lead to improper gnome videos?

Vanilla is great and its fun to take a trip back down memory lane, but there just is not enough going on in the game.

For me, TBC is/was an improvement in everyway. Pvp became more fleshed out, pve introduced far more interesting mechanics, and class balance was much better -IE you could play more than one spec per class for every class.

Most importantly, you could instantly tell which players were better than everyone else in both pve and pvp. Performance and skill had a much stronger correlation.

Personally, i cannot wait to relive my highschool days with some late night 2v2 :slight_smile:

Wrath of the Lich King is my all time favorite expansion. I do greatly enjoy Classic and TBC though. Only these three expansion felt like World of Warcraft to me. Cata and beyond was something different.

2 Likes

Im not surprised. Why is that ? From what i see u r 120 draenai which means u probably enjoy s*it like BFA a lot. So TBC was probably too hard for you right? weee weeee cry cry weee.

TBC over Classic any day -

I played Vanilla, loved it - still love classic BUT

TBC -

• More Class Options
  • Interesting Outland Zones
  • More WPVP to control zone towers
  • Shat was an awesome hub
  • Nagrand RoB quest was legendary fun
  • Kara was such a fun low gear raid. I can still remember most of the boss quotes
  • Gruuls Lair was fun and a nice raid, if the mages knew how what they were doing
  • All the starter raids really prepared you for the real end game raids.
  • PVP was pretty balanced imo - the more you grind the more you learned the more you owned
  • Arenas were just lovely. i still remember my old 2v2 name (NaggaLippinIt)
  • Farming for gold was a good fun task.

When TBC came out i was almost as addicted as i was when i first started playing Vanilla.

i’m talking… South Park WoW episode addicted

2 Likes

TBC all day goat shamans and if there was no flying it would be Gucci

This 100x over. I have heard people complain and moan about resil as if it’s this god awful stat. Pvpers REJOICED when this was added. (Yeah they complained at some points when it was overtuned) But this stat actually made pvp gear good for pvp. Shocker right? Imagine if they made pvp gear with the best pve stats and set bonuses… the raiders would have FLIPPED. Well that’s what it was like for pvpers in vanilla.

Anyone who complains about resil, is someone who just wants to get their pve gear and be able to roll whoever is in front of them without knowing how to pvp. Well can’t really do that anymore buds.

1 Like

Yeah for me it’s a real tough call between wrath and tbc. Wrath was the height of pvp and class design IMO. But, the raids really put a sour taste in my mouth. I will admit this is the start of what I call tier skipping. Once ulduar is out, no one goes to nax, once toc is out no one goes to ulduar, once icc is out no one goes to toc.

Admittedly, today I would probably enjoy that more as my time for games is really cut back, but during the time when I had time to play it felt great that I was raiding with people that I knew went through all the same stuff I did and not just make an alt>get some heroic/vault gear>do normal 25 mans steamrolling through it for gear.

What about sl lock druid? Or mage rogue? Or shadow priest mage? Or shadow priest rogue? Or disc priest mage? Or paladin warrior? Or shaman lock?

I mean there are tons of crazy good comps in TBC

I want to be able to play both honesty.

I don’t want to choose, I’d like to be able to play both Classic and TBC servers as I feel.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t see any reason whatsoever for them to just straight up force classic into TBC. Just open new servers, allow character COPY over (so you don’t just lose your classic communities characters overnight), and just allow them to play out. If you want to go over to your classic character and raid AQ then you can. If you want to go over to your TBC character and do an arena, you can.

1 Like

I would love to see separate servers for Classic, TBC and WOTLK some day where you can choose to migrate your character to a later expansion, but not be forced.

1 Like

I would play on both types of servers with different characters, since I would likely only play Draenei or Blood Elf in TBC - or just a NE Druid since flight form is just so damn cool vs lame mounts (even though flying spoils the game in many ways).

Tbc was the beginning of the end.
The world just felt more empty.

1 Like

Both… give everyone what they want!

They were begging for BC a year before classic lol

1 Like

I’ve been begging for TBC for YEARS. Classic is a stepping stone for me for it. Doesn’t mean I’m not enjoying classic as well though. I’ve played Wotlk and TBC pservers way more than vanilla ones.

2 Likes