Classic VS TBC

Honestly I would be all on board with that.

While I do like TBC as a game the most, I had many many issues with the story. (blood elf paladins, the light being cosmic alien energy).

Flying mounts were novel but they only succeeded in making the world smaller. And giving horde and alliance paladins and shamans made the experience of either faction less unique.

1 Like

Can’t agree more

Both. Why not both? In fact, why not the OG 3? I would have so much fun, endless, really, of going between each of the OG 3 expansions because I love what each has to offer in it’s own way. Love all of the content at level, the old world, AQ, Naxx, Illidan, Sunwell, all of it!

TBC was better than classic in every single way.

2 Likes

I’m a hybrid player so I view classic as semi-trash.

My 3 favorite classes are paladin, shaman, and druid.

Why, then, would I want to play classic?

2 Likes

TBC had flying mounts, a loot hallway-only dungeon design paradigm, a neutral main city, added horde paladins and alliance shamans (reducing faction identity), added resilience, had a horrible daily chore quest system, started with attunements at the start but was ultimately responsible for killing them off for good, etc.

Not only was TBC not better in every way, it was worse in most ways.

2 Likes

The negative effects of these things only came to fruition later. Not in TBC.

Argue to me that SM and MC, the most popular dungeons in Classic, are not loot hallways.

You will fail.

Edit: Besides, I will pay ANY price not to spam flash heal (or the equivalent) on the hybrid classes, which are what I play.

No, they came to fruition in BC. I noticed (and disliked) every single thing that I listed immediately. I’m not even getting into the much more subjective stuff I hated about TBC, like space goats and the overbearing space theme.

As far as regular dungeons go, vanilla had some loot hallways. TBC only had loot hallways. That’s why I said “loot hallway-only paradigm”.

You are a rogue. You cannot understand.

I’m sorry but, the primary downfall of Classic is that it’s hybrid classes are all spam healers.

I hate this.

I do not care what is lost to be free of it.

Classic. TBC set the foundation for what retail would be come. Gimmicky, mechanic creep, massive power creep, etc.

2 Likes

I’m only saying closet because it looks like a lot of people are saying classic yet there was like 5 votes total for it

I liked TBC. It was a good expansion. But, it killed world pvp. Then again, blizzard is killing world pvp by not fixing the faction imbalance.

Tbc a million times over.

1 Like

Resilience is great! It made pvp gear awesome And prevented people from farming PVE just to do PVP

1 Like

I have to disagree that private classic servers cater to the hard core. One of the most popular private classic servers was a funserver which allowed you to play casually and still get the BIS items, with instant level 60.

TBC was the height of WoW in my opinion. It as was essentially vanilla, with a little more depth. Classes were developed a little more. I played paladin tank and it was amazing. I felt a real sense of progression with each zone and I feel that it had some of the best raids and dungeons. Karazhan, Tempest Keep, and Black Temple were amazing.

2 Likes

Can’t agree more with this.

Wrath > TBC > Classic

Bring on the server progression!

2 Likes

I vote TBC, because Classic is just a stepping stone to my favorite time in the game, WotLK.

I’m fine either way, though faction balance is gonna be considerably worse in TBC I would imagine.