Classic Update - March 1

That’s the summer solstice, not the calendar start of summer, June 1st.

That’s the Autumn Equinox. The calendar end of summer is 31st August.

And this claim can go round and round, someone posts the solstice/equinox values, someone posts the calendar values.

Just because schools out June, July, August doesn’t mean it’s the entire Summer.

No it doesn’t, but the Calendar Summer is June, July, August.

Calendar Autumn is Sept, Oct, Nov
Calendar Winter is Dec, Jan, Feb.
Calendar Spring is March, April, May.

1 Like

Those are Northern Meteorological Seasons, not calendar dates.

But it really doesn’t matter, Classic will be released when they want to release it, not by one persons calendar.

I hope is releases in August…When School Starts!

6 Likes

July 1st please.

1 Like

Why would you want that? Annoying children and bored college kids are a staple of the Vanilla experience.

2 Likes

So I can have the daytime all to myself farming while they’re in class.

1 Like

My friends and I are all so excited for this. I haven’t been this excited for a game release since SC2.

Really big thanks to the team at Blizzard for agreeing to do this. WoW is a great game even in it’s current form, but I miss what it used to be (a more hardcore, less homogenized version).

See you all in Azeroth this summer :slight_smile:

I don’t want the Vanilla experience, I want the Classic experience.

So a bunch of semi-active 20-40 year olds? Luckily we will likely have server selection.

Too bad sc2 was an easy mode watered down dud compared to broodwar.

You really don’t believe in the sunny side of the coin do you…

Haha. Nope. Unfortunately im a hopeless cynic.

Then why are you here?

I’m a cynic too but even I have limits…

Well, I think it’s a combination of things that’s making me come across as being extra negative. The first is that I really care about Classic and not in a “this is how I want to playl it”. I want the authentic preserved as much as possible (which obviously isn’t going to happen) despite me not going to PvP or Raid. It was a huge part of my life. Work 9-5, go to the gym, play WoW for 8 hours, sleep. Weekends, play from 8am to 8pm. Go out and party. Wake up. play some more. The wife to be was long distance so i had all the time in the world.

The second is dealing with Blizzard the corporation. Working in fortune 500 companies almost my entire career doing software architecture, you get jaded and cynical at pretty much everything they say and do. I literally roll my eyes when they give us updates. I can’t help it.

But, in reality I am a chill guy. I’m serious. Haha.

I don’t work for a Fortune 500 company myself, but I’ve seen my corporate overlords make dumb operations decisions so many times I kinda know how you feel and it’s made me incredibly wary of most companies and their practices; it just sucks that so many of them are necessary for ordinary living.

That being said, the energy and passion I saw in the BlizzCon stream was very real; I trust the guys working on Classic and will give them the benefit of the doubt until they give me a reason not to.

Honestly, I hear Ion speak at Blizzcon or dev water coolers or whatever and I think to myself, I say this kind of garbage to my boss and my bosses boss every day. Speak in half truths. True enough to make you look good, but also good enough to cover your butt if you screw up.

Well, some of us need faith. I’m not that guy. God bless not everyone is like me.

LOL I wasn’t talking about Ion. Yeah, Ion is too much of a lawyer to not ever use his lawyer speak.

This one gives me better feelings listening to real people saying real things.