Classic Update - March 1

46k of them are mine. Lol

1 Like

I’m make the motion that soon (not soon™) is no different from soon™.

Do I have a 2nd

3 Likes

I second that

2 Likes

Y’all are so impatient it’s barely been more than a week since they posted this. lol

2 Likes

I’m on the fence about playing the beta for numerous personal reasons. T_T

As for Enslave Demon, I don’t remember the details, but it was definitely one of my favourite spells. Dragging that elite demon from the far south of Desolace into the town at the far north was a weird hobby of mine…

I’m not who you’re replying to, but I can sincerely say that I haven’t been hyped for a game this much in 8ish years. I’m patiently waiting, but…I am having a hard time when I think about it.

Maybe I should just stop visiting these forums everyday, lol.

I 2nd the motion. Any objections?

2 Likes

Ooops. Ok. I 3rd it.

2 Likes

One of the reasons I’ve heard that seems pretty legitimate is that it would create scenarios in which 4 players in an instance might all be going to get gear for one of their companions. If you can’t share loot, each player would pass on good loot they don’t need. But if they can share, all 4 will try to get the loot for their one companion, and the single player will have a hard time getting any good loot because he is rolling against 4. Blizzard should stay away from changes of this nature. Don’t try to make things “easier” or “better.”

4 Likes

patience grasshopper :slight_smile: i has only been a little over a week.
soon™ = in the works, that may not yet have a predicted release time.
Soon = we have it all worked out, and will get back to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yea I know. It’s just getting really old that they can’t figure out what good communication is. I’m ready to start posting links to other game forums. Like Destiny 2. Yup. The game has a lot of issues. Know what else it has? Communication from the powers that be. They are engaged with their playerbase. Check out their forums. It’s loaded with player feedback on actual game issues. Not a bunch of troll threads. Know why? Because the message is clear. We want solid feedback and they reciprocate that feedback. Blizz wants to get better at communication? I suggest reading into some other game’s methods of communication. Allowing the player base to troll behind multiple forum avatars is one of the worst things they can do for communications. Couple that with just flat out ignoring the player base and is it any wonder at all that communication sux around here? I’ve come to the conclusion they don’t want to get better at communication. If they did they would fix this broken system and start reciprocating communication. The system is set up so they have an excuse. Which they don’t need. They can ignore us all the same. The blues’ stats around here tell the whole story.

Look at this portal issue. First glance. Oh it’s just the wow player base being mad about everything? Is it? The game has so many issues. So much player feedback and instead of addressing those issues. The energy is put into a portal room and oh btw we should have removed these portals years ago. So we are doing that now too. Ok sounds great but What about the issues players have given you feed back on for months now? Nothing but some PR statements about how we are working on it and trying to get better at communication. Well contrary to what Allen Iverson says you have to practice to get better at it.
Instead what we get is: The forums go ablaze. A blue swoops in and tries to cool everything off(didn’t work this time Borny) and right back to ignoring it.

I’ll tell you this. I don’t care they removed the portals. I did cancel my sub yesterday though over this bad communication. Even cited lack of classic updates and poor communication across the board. 500 words is not enough to tell the whole story.

I’m about fed up with the whole blizz affair. We get classic cool. If not oh well. One thing I won’t do is keep dancing to this beat blizz keeps playing. It’s becoming more and more clear they do not care. I’m actually having fun gaming right now. It’s not on a blizz game though. /shrug-just another lost custo

3 Likes

yup… needed 10 characters. other wise it would have been a simple yup.

1 Like

I don’t understand why Blizzard are such hardazzes about giving updates to WoW/Classic WoW in general. They act like they are the Founding Fathers writing the new Constitution and it’s such a massive secret.

And we are close enough to “Summer 2019” where they should have a bit of information to share with us.

2 Likes

Blizzard and now a day actiblizz, reminds me off a socially awkward individual.
Someone that has trouble reading moods and social situations. Not able to read between the line etc.
And i,m not talking about the gm,s or cm,s they are just doing there jobs.
I,m talking about the company.
It almost feels like they respond to us using algorithmes.
Implementing Silence, create hype…silence … a little failed humor. etc
Not taking in acount realtime responces and mood swings, or events that influence there player base.

1 Like

At this point I don’t even think it’s that. This is by design. Why else allow the alt avatar trolling situation to get out of hand like this? It’s been like this. Take that portal thread for instance. As a forum user you look down it and go wow they mad a lot of people mad. How many are alt brigading in that thread? We don’t know as users. For all we know that thread(while unlikely) is 5 people and their alts. This can/will influence other users. You don’t see trolling on the level of the wow forums on sites that do not allow multiple avatars. Some. Yes. Not like this place. So right off the bat this system is not good for communication. At least not solid communication.

You see so much misinformation being spread around here. For instance. The right click report thread here in classic. How long did that thread go with most of us not even knowing how the current system even works? A blue couldn’t say hey guys this is how it works? We are still talking about how it works in classic but this is how it works currently. That’s good communication. Instead we were left to a back and forth arguement of assumptions, hyperbole, and flat out misinformation. To me that’s a trade chat troll! Sit back. Eat popcorn and laugh. Oh that’s right the blues stats show them reading barely anything around here. Across multiple forums and their stats barely meet trust level 2 reqs? Lol. How’s that for their statistical process control and algorithms?

2 Likes

I,m sure there are lots off alts running around on these forums. Plenty off them off the toll kinn.
But lots off them incl me are people from the eu, until about 2 weeks ago blues did not respond on the Classic forums.
Not a little or crappy, i,m talking about post 1 "welcome to the classic forums"and then dead silence up unitll 10 days ago.
So plenty off us been comming over here.

Do i need to run and hide now?

1 Like

No. No. My sincere apologies. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not accusing every single low rep level poster of having nefarious intentions. You did not come in here and start posting the most extreme things possible. There is a huge difference in your intentions and what I see as alt brigading. I realized this a few weeks ago and I don’t just call out every new avatar I see. Unless they have some extreme views that seem to be nothing but looking for a reaction. I will make some smart alec comments though to see. So yea that’s trolling too. Lol.
You have contributed solid feedback and thought out responses from what I’ve read. Those are actual community contributions in my opinion. Threads about flying tanks as a playable class? Yea. No. We all know what that is.

2 Likes

After the forum redesign we all had a fresh start. It didn’t take long to establish a reputation. Being EU and new here isn’t far off the rest of us.

The activity report gives a lot away. Haven’t zero threads read time is a big give away.

2 Likes

It is a saving grace for this mess. Adding an overall forum name(bnet name or a custom forum name)would have squashed so much of this bad communication from the player base. Want to troll? Be known as a troll. Make your forum rep mean something. Aka community.

3 Likes

I am pretty tight with my definition of troll. Saying unpopular opinions or disagreeing does not make one a troll.

Alt hopping, no other way to label, trolling.

1 Like